Whats your fav cold & hot dessert to eat..

lyonkin, Oct 5, 6:41am
when its summer or winter? I like a nice warm apple crumble in winter and perhaps a creme caramel during the summer. How about you guys? Is there a dessert you eat both hot and cold seasons?

hott-mama, Oct 5, 7:05am
banoffie pie!!!!

but I do like an old fashioned apple crumble or even steamed pudding in winter .. with a good dollop of ice ream and cream .. for extra decadence ..

lilyfield, Oct 5, 8:33am
x1
a really good bread and butter pudding.
Best one I ever had was on the Diamond Princess. They use yesterdays rolls for it and serveit for brekkie.

rkcroft, Oct 5, 8:47pm
I like a chocolate self saucing or sticky date pudding in Winter and either tiramisu or lemon tart (or lemon anything) in the Summer.

eastie3, Oct 6, 5:50am
I am very fond of grilled stonefruit,cut in half and cooked on the barbecue,or baked in the oven(with a vanilla pod) and served with a light white wine syrup and creme fraiche/good vanilla icecream.It's a very tasty and easy dessert for a barbecue.Or fresh pineapple sliced into rings,marinated in a liquer,and grilled.I'm also a creme brulee or panacotta fan.

Another easy summer pud is a tin of black doris plums,drain the juice into a small saucepan,add 3-4 whole cloves,2 TBS sugar and a good slosh of brandy.Bring to the boil,turn down to a simmer and cook until reduced to a light syrup.Pour over the reserved plums and chill overnight.Remove the cloves and serve with coffee cream: dissolve 1TBS instant coffee in cream and add to 300mls whipped cream.Stir through evenly and freeze.

In winter I like fruit crumbles,lemon anything and also tamarillos.

twelve12, Oct 6, 6:08am
Creme caramel makes me sick :( so tasty, so sad...
Ice cream for cold... trite, I know, but it tastes so good!!
Hot caramel puddings with butterscotch sauce for hot... yum!

lyonkin, Oct 6, 6:22am
hmm thats interestin! seems like most people like a fruit based dessert (apple crumble, etc) and 'comfort' like desserts. Im just waiting to see if there's a dessert that transcends all seasons.. seems like its ice cream

cookessentials, Oct 6, 6:48am
Summer pudding for cold and I do like a nice creamy rice pudding for a hot dessert.

huntermac, Oct 7, 8:01am
Ambrosia made with 'thick n creamy' yoghurt, and Pineapple Rice Cream........ohhhh so hungry.........

540trickzter, Oct 7, 8:14am
Creme Brulee, Battered Bananas with Ice-Cream.

southerngurl, Oct 7, 8:23am
grasshopper pie..marshmallows and creme de monthe over a ginger nut biscuit base sprinkled with choc chips... ohhh i havent had it in years, there must be a diabetic version by now!!

kaysu, Oct 7, 8:49am
Have to be Lemon Meringue pie summer or winter & maybe Plum Duff, but it has to have warm runny custard.

rarogal, Oct 7, 10:33pm
My favourite winter is Sticky Date Pudding or my own Apple Torte pudding. My favourite summer is Pavlova or fresh fruit salad.

donnabeth, Oct 7, 10:39pm
Sticky date pudding for winter and fruit salad for summer. Both with icecream or cream.

I used to buy gingernut icecream which was superb with date pudding.

naki45, Oct 8, 2:29am
Winter a apple pie with crumble topping..and Summer sherry trifle yum yum

lyonkin, Oct 8, 11:55pm
If you own a business or run a restaurant, would you serve a cold dessert in winter and a hot dessert in summer? Or would you just stick to convention and serve cold in summer, hot in winter?

marcs, Oct 9, 12:58am
Pavlova all year round. Especially nice if it has been decorated and left in the fridge for a day. Yum yum.

darlingmole, Oct 9, 5:28am
I make a lovely ginger and golden syrup spongey pud in winter (and obligatory any fruit crumble ... so easy!) also love lemon rice pudding mmmmm.For summer you just can't go past fresh strawberries with vanilla icecream.My mum use to soak them the strawberries in sherry or brandy and some icing sugar ... IMO only for mature taste buds

darlingmole, Oct 9, 5:30am
oh! and another fav that I haven't done for ages is the old choc chippie or ginger nut biccies log - dipped in sherry, sandwiched with cream etc ... check out the thread - so delish!

darlingmole, Oct 9, 5:33am
oh flip~! (how could I have forgotten this!) Winter:Apple pie with cloves'n'spices ... homemade of course with some cream.
Summer:rhubarb and icecream - I well remember my Mum growing it and then stewing it to have with our weetbix God Bless her soul x

darlingmole, Oct 9, 5:35am
worked in a restaurant once ... always best to serve seasonal food.It's cheaper and also tastier that way

ribzuba, Oct 9, 6:45am
mille feuille

alebix, Oct 9, 10:22am
Oh yes, im the same. I do love a nice bread and butter pudding though. and Pav is my anytime favourite.

marree, May 20, 9:13am
Well with the winter pud's I remember my mum's Golden Syrup Pudding (don't have recipe - if someone has please give to me I would appreciate). Apart from that good old apple pie / crumble and of course steamed pudding with custard sauce.