What can I make with Frozen Cauli

walker18, Sep 19, 11:27am
Please has anybody got recipes to use frozen cauli. I don't like it steamed as it seems watery

245sam, Sep 19, 11:42am
walker18, how about cauliflower soup?or for us who very much enjoy blue cheese, I would make it cauliflower and blue cheese soup - Yum!!If you like blue cheese, it makes a lovely addition to a number of soupse.g. broccoli, cauliflower, leek and potato, kumara.....

Hope that helps.:-))

cookessentials, Sep 19, 7:03pm
Yes, I was going to say cauliflower and blue cheese soup, or cauliflower puree.

whitehead., Sep 19, 8:37pm
raw with dips

pheebs1, Sep 19, 9:02pm
i made a great frittata on the weekend that had frozen cauli and brocoli
i was dissapointed at how soggy they were frozen and eaten steamed also but they were great in my frittatta
ihad 1 onion cooked in a little oil with some cold par cooked potatoes just to make them crispy.then in another bowl i had one left over cold sausage chopped 6 eggs 2 large heaped desertspoons of flour ,milk about a cup of cheese some cooked kumara and a cup of cheese. threw in the cooked potatoes and onions and the frozen vege some salt pepper and mixed herbs. big stir , then threw it into mu greased quiche dish baked at 180 for about 30 mins
it was great!!! and a good way to use up left over veges . very filling too!

beaker59, Apr 1, 4:46pm
Add them to soups then go down to your local greengrocer and buy a fresh one they are soo cheap right now I got a lovely huge one for 99c last week.

I have been steamimg with brocolli and then whizzing up in food processor with butter and garlic and onion into a puree very nice. Or chopped finely raw into coleslaw.