Annabel Langbein (sp ??)

Page 3 / 3
sally, Sep 29, 8:26am
The recipe for the cheese using yoghurt doesn't say whether to use low fat or just the ordinary yoghurt....maybe it doesn't really matter

guest, Sep 30, 8:26am
x5
Recipe for crispy pork belly :)

1. Turn on oven to as high as possible (about 240 degrees)
2. Season the scored pork belly accordingly with salt/pepper
(get your butcher to score meat)
3. Place some fresh sage leaves in base of cooking pan
4. Place pork on top of sage (skin side of meat up)
5. Rub skin dry with kitchen towel and salt to your taste
6. Cook in hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until you see skin crisp up
7. Take out of oven and reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees.
8. Pour milk around pork (up to half or two thirds way up pork but not as high as skin)
9. Return to 160 degree oven and cook for 1 and a half hours.
10. Enjoy!

guest, Sep 30, 11:10pm
x1
can anyone give me the fresh cheese receipe as I copied it down but have mislaid the recipe ... have the ingreds but no idea of measurements ?

toerag, Nov 22, 4:34am
Hi badd7. Her book is out on flybuys now. I got it the other day

flower-child01, Nov 23, 11:56pm
If this is yoghurt cheese (hangop), leave it in a cool spot. I love it, and will get some yoghurt started in the next week so I get a litre plus draining, and more as a starter, and then I can enjoy cheesecake over the xmas break. Yum. I started making yoghurt cheese initially 20 years ago, no instructions, no internet, it was just a thought. No salt or vinegar added, just natural as shown at http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/go-dutch-make-yoghurt-cheese-hangop/

bigboy01, Nov 25, 11:45am
I brought the book and it is so good.$54.00 but I reckon I'll save heaps on food as her receipes are very quick and easy ingredients that you have everyday.I have some other books of hers and shes great. Christmas is coming up so maybe give a hint to santa :-)

guest, Mar 20, 5:23pm
The WIP programs seem like a good idea, good ittnnnioes, but like all well-meant ideas, I see a lot of possible negative consequences. The homeowner who didn't use pesticides and fertilizers was well in her right to do so - but making that compulsory for others violates their individual rights. Trying to legislate environmental concerns always backfires.