Annabel Langbein (sp ??)

Page 2 / 3
gr8stuf4me, Sep 19, 7:59am
x1
Sure, its really easy.Annabelle used greek yoghurt but as I have an easiyo yoghurt maker I just use a jar of plain yoghurt.Then I just put a sieve over a bowl with a clean chux cloth in it.And leave it to drain in a cool spot on the bench.The longer you drain it the thicker it becomes.I drain it for 8 hour to make the cheese.Sweet chilli sauce is yummy mixed in as is herbs.Enjoy!!!

gr8stuf4me, Sep 19, 8:24am
x1
Opps forgot to say, the chux cloth needs to be dampened with water and rung out well before putting it in sieve.

tigra, Sep 19, 9:13pm
We love her. I notice she doesnt go in for all the costume changes that other cooking hostesses do. As for her book price it will be on special within a month or two.

earthangel4, Sep 19, 11:29pm
I hope to get her book shortly,watched her on tv,am impressed.

motorbo, Sep 19, 11:41pm
hi EA, one of my fav of all time is her chicken dish i cut through the chicken breasts to make thinner portions, then marinate them in a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and lemon rind, dried or fresh thyme and ginger then cook on a griddle pan or bbq, so yummmm - omg i so have to have this for dinner now lol

fifie, Sep 20, 12:59am
x2
All she done was mixed Greek Yoghurt with teaspoon of salt, pour it into a bowl lined with cheese cloth or a damp clean chux cloth left it on the bench overnight if its cool in kitchen. Next day tip the cheese into another bowl, discard whey, chop up a little rosemary very fine and some chives finely, and one more herb finely (can't remember which one maybe thyme? or basil?this is her favourite flavours for it) mix all together and put in fridge, hope this helps. Looked Easy Peasy going to try it..

earthangel4, Sep 20, 1:27am
yummmmmmmm lol thanks so much for this,I am going shopping this week,have no lemons lol or chicken.its also something I can take to work,
Thanks so much,

crystalmoon, Sep 20, 1:46am
a stanley craft knife is great for scoring pork rind,any craft knife really,you lnow the ones that the blade breaks off in sections.Great recipes arn't they.

wildflower, Sep 20, 4:25am
Peneve,4 cups greek yoghurt to 1 tsp salt.Then later add any finely chopped herbs you like.

amp, Sep 20, 5:06am
I want to try the crispy pork belly recipe tonight, but can't find the recipe online? can anyone remember the oven temps and time to cook? thanks!

peneve, Sep 20, 6:21am
Thank you all!! We have to be very careful with cheeze consumptionin our house as hubbie has high cholesterol - this could just be the ticket!

nzbadger, Sep 20, 9:39am
Great thanks for that. I too have a Easi Yo & some greek sachets so guess what I will be making! Cheers

ttwisty, Sep 22, 1:08am
hi has anyone got the tiramisu recipe annabel made in the first episode thanks

macwood2, Sep 22, 5:40am
Motobro - what is that chicken dish called?Have most of her books so will look it up.Thanks.

motorbo, Sep 22, 5:56am
hi macwood, sorry i wish i could remember i gave that cookbook to a family member, i just know it off by heart now

macwood2, Sep 22, 6:08am
Hi Motorbo - thanks for the reply - will go through my books.Do you remember what the cover of book is like?i know my daughter has 2 of my AL books.

korbo, Sep 22, 8:20am
x1
bumping for the tiramisuu recipe
i want one to make in an oblong or square dish.

motorbo, Sep 22, 8:25am
i think it was the busy one, white softcover i had 4 of her cookbooks so lol, the good news it you dont need to be too accurate with the recipe, i know she did a similar one with other herbs but didnt try that one, i will have another look online

oh hang was it smart food for busy people?

motorbo, Sep 22, 8:26am
yup am pretty sure it was in this one SMART FOOD for BUSY PEOPLE by Anabella Langbein

245sam, Sep 22, 9:27am
ttwisty and korbo, for the tiramisu recipe maybe you'd like to view that episode again.....

http://tvnz.co.nz/free-range-cook/s1-e1-video-3749761

jenny391, Sep 22, 9:35am
The website below has the Chocolate Cherry Tiramisù recipe, it also has other recipes from the show.It has a link that will take you to the Australian version of Annabel's website.They are ahead in the series, it looks like the Oz website has more recipes than the NZ website.

http://cornercafe.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/new-cookery-shows-on-abc-sbs/

ttwisty, Sep 22, 7:43pm
thankyou so much jenny391

whitehead., Sep 22, 11:13pm
ladys buy your self a stanley knife to cut your pork skin they are always sharp and work well

marlin9, Sep 25, 3:59am
x1
Anybody got the recipe for the Belly Pork - got the pork now can not find the recipe.

j_flower, Sep 25, 8:39am
Hey Chef_amp - cooking times for the port were (I'm sure) 1/2 hour on 240degrees then take it out and fill 1/2 to 3/4 way up pork and cook at 150degrees for 1 1/2 hours