Page 2 / 4
sumstyle, Aug 12, 9:42am
What a lovely sentiment elliehen.

vintagekitty, Aug 12, 9:42am
no thanks, I dont do sarky and nasty

vintagekitty, Aug 12, 9:43am
I have a fab one thanks, unlike some

kirinesha, Aug 12, 9:44am
Ah, I had wondered about how to interpret Elliehen's comment. Thanks for clarifying that Vintagekitty.

sumstyle, Aug 12, 9:48am
Bwhaahaha - o dear o dear

kirinesha, Aug 12, 9:49am
Hard to resist that one!

But I'm sure Elliehen has an excellent sense of humour. Doesn't she?

seez1, Aug 12, 10:14am
:)
I find uli very knowledgable and love reading her answers - thanks uli :)

duckmoon, Aug 12, 10:50am
actually, I find Uli's posts helpful...

duckmoon, Aug 12, 10:51am
If there is a post with too detail, I skim

vintagekitty, Aug 12, 11:03am
hahaha, not at all. I think about others feelings. Once I click off, I dont give anything on here a moments thought. My thread was in response to reading threads on here. I dont feel put down, as I dont care enough to take it on board

summersunnz, Aug 12, 11:03am
I often read the threads here and agree with you vintagekitty.

Also, the posts of Uli and his/her friends, including those above, don't give any indication of English being a second language - and even if they did, that would not at all be an excuse for the critical posts they sometimes write, as respect and courtesy are without boundaries of language, culture, etc.

And why is it that critical posts are sometimes the choice of what is written?

Posting information about something that is fervently believed in, whether accurate or not, can be done in a positive, informative and encouraging way - as some of the posts by Uli and friends are, with no need for the other posts with criticisms and put-downs of people who live their lives and cook and eat as they prefer to do - thank heavens for a world of choices for all.

I fully expect a response in continuance of those posted above - so - ready, set, Go! ! ! Lol!

nfh1, Aug 12, 11:15am
When in a group of people there is often one person who you do not wish to engage with and some you really want to discuss things with. It is just the same on here, but much easier to sidestep the ones you are not eager to chat with.

Uli and I have disagreed - so what? Buzzy and I have disagreed many times! I expect both posters to forget that (I am sure they have) and be ready to have another discussion.

Life is really too short to worry about a disagreement on the Boards!

bedazzledjewels, Aug 12, 6:59pm
Maybe this is vintagekitty's "recipe" for putdowns.
Stupid thread - voted.

marielize1, Aug 12, 8:27pm
I find Uli's information far more helpful than most. Not at all as meaningless and insulting as some others posters, just trolling.

This thread is the ultamate stance of meanness and intolerance.

Everybody should know by now that communication boards like this lends itself to, easily, be perceived as sarcastic even if the posteris not aiming for it at all!

Maybe the perceiver of wrongly assumed sarcasm is more guilty than the person posting. Gosh people, relax. Debate but don't read more in messages than there are. Personal attacks say more about you than the person you attack.

griffo4, Aug 12, 8:29pm
Just voted for the first time ever, really nasty and spiteful

pickles7, Aug 12, 8:51pm
just putting those two threads near each other.

luckyduck, Aug 12, 8:58pm
I read most of uli's posting as if she is speaking with tongue in cheek. I don't know her personally but from reading her views in the recipe forum and coming across her in other ones, I see her as a plain speaker. I don't always agree with her statements although on the topic of spaghetti on pizza I do. I think that to single out a poster to have a niggle about a topic as unimportant as spaghetti is unkind. We don't know what peoples age is, or home life is like and this kind of attack could be worrying to some. If you don't like a statement about a topic either ignore it or put your point of view across and move on.

cloudberry, Aug 12, 9:01pm
Me too.

darlingmole, Aug 12, 9:10pm
VOTED. This is a recipe thread. Not a bitch-fest thread. To begin a thread to personally attack someone just isn't on. If someone has a gripe about someones posts? Pimp on them to the moderators ... NOT slag them off in here please.

And for the record I find their postings quite hiliarous and normally learn some clever tips

nfh1, Aug 12, 9:10pm
No vote from me - this thread says more about the thread starter than the person who the thread is about.

If you post then you should stand by your posts, and not have the ability to wipe them away.

kirinesha, Aug 12, 9:11pm
I agree with you nfh1. I'm not voting either. You say it, you own it.

uli, Aug 12, 10:49pm
oh - you are still going :)

deviant7, Aug 12, 11:00pm
Agreed how pathetic to start ANOTHER thread to slag someone off in the recipes section, yes some things may put other or seem to put others down but you are just as bad or worse by starting this thread vintage kitty, If you dont like something for crying out loud IGNORE It,

the epitomy of Immaturity

uli, Aug 12, 11:25pm
Can't be immaturity deviant7 - cause she is a kitty that has come of vintage ... so must be in her 70's or so ... or what is the term vintage used for in english? Let's have a look:

vin·tage(vntj)
1. The yield of wine or grapes from a vineyard or district during one season.
2. Wine, usually of high quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin.
3. The year or place in which a wine is bottled.
a. The harvesting of a grape crop.
b. The initial stages of winemaking.
5. Informal
a. A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.
b. A year or period of origin: a car of 1942 vintage.
c. Length of existence; age.
adj.
1. Of or relating to a vintage.
2. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.
3. Old or outmoded.
a. Of the best: played songs that were vintage Cole Porter.
b. Of the most distinctive: "Fatalism has coexisted with vintage American overconfidence" (Thomas Oliphant).

Well it is great what I learn through these boards - so it could be a kitty that is either 2. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic... . OR an 3. Old or outmoded kitty

Take your pick. I have never met the person - so I wouldn't have an idea why she calls herself vintage.

buzzy110, Aug 12, 11:35pm
I see vk that I have been included me in your gripe but for the moment I'll stick with uli.

When I first came in here I wanted to know about things like sauerkraut and sour dough bread. I could already make the other stuff. Unlike all the others who can only bake cakes uli was the only poster who was able to give definitive help. Because of her, there are now several posters who have gone on to make wonderful sour dough breads.

I now make fantastic sauerkraut and because of the encouragement and support I received from just ONE poster, I have expanded my fermenting skills. Not one other poster could help. So leave her alone. Her yoghurt making skills have helped many others.

I am forever grateful to uli and her deep and abiding knowledge of good health and healthy eating. without her pushing I'd probably still be floundering or have given up altogether.