Food in a Minute's pizza pie

Page 2 / 2
darlingmole, Aug 9, 9:43am
Not just the jews, the Seventh Day adventists also, but then you'd know that eh? ! Be it Sunday, Saturday or whatever Ferita ... my point was (even though you missed it, pedantically or otherwise) BE KIND. why is everyone so caught up on 'catching' others out? And by the way, Jesus couldn't be bothered with the religious zealots remember (that would be in anyones bibles surely? ? )Happy cooking for the pizza pie ... not that I'm very good at pastry for sure, in fact I'm beyond amateur

elliehen, Aug 9, 10:14am
Then be very proud of yourself.

Most busy parents try to do that too and mostly succeed. For the seventh night, Food-in-a-Minute or food in a minute will do just fine.

sarahb5, Aug 9, 10:30pm
Actually on the seventh night we eat takeaways ...

And I don't really think there's anything to be particularly proud about in managing to cook my family a decent meal every night - its just what I do and always have done - its not really that hard to come home from work and make spaghetti bolognaise or chicken pie really is it?

lizab, Aug 9, 10:57pm
my Kiwi sister in law was nannying in London 20 yrs ago and she made a pizza for the kids with tinned spaghetti on it - they'd never seen anything like it before and turned their noses up! ! Must be a kiwi thing to do is it? (I think it's yum! ! )

alebix, Aug 9, 11:35pm
Alison gofton left to spend time with her young children.
But yes she was much more profesional than Lana, even though Lana is good, I dont want to see down her top.

lythande1, Aug 9, 11:42pm
It wasn't so much the products - it was the shit they made with them. Like that "pizza". Not even bread, and pineapple and canned spaghetti, right... . .

nfh1, Aug 10, 1:38am
Could be, as a Brit I cannot imagine those two things together!

sarahb5, Aug 10, 1:56am
Same - a most bizarre combination possibly brought about by the spaghetti = Italian (vaguely) = pizza idea? Mr 12 just made pizza at school for food tech and they were specifically told not to bring tinned spaghetti as a topping

nfh1, Aug 10, 2:00am
LOL - sort of like an Double Italian Pizza.

luckyduck, Aug 10, 2:04am
Sorry, but yuck. I hate spaghetti on pizza. I don't know how you could class it as a pizza. Its spag on toast for me... !

ferita, Aug 10, 2:37am
It is not done in Australia

sarahb5, Aug 10, 4:02am
Actually that's true - and I always put cheese on my spag on toast as well ...

Is it only me though that remembers the spaghetti pies you could buy here about 14 or 15 years ago? Basically a pastry shell filled with spaghetti and a top "crust" of cheese - my kids loved it but purely for the novelty factor I think

wildflower, Aug 10, 4:38am
What I love about the recipes thread as opposed to general etc is all the kindness expressed here. Lets just respect everyone and their choices and leave the judgement out.

I liked Allyson Gofton and I think the standard of recipes has gone downhill since she left. I love her "Bake" and "Cook" books and even I can't stuff up her recipes.

elliehen, Aug 10, 7:30am
x1
You just sounded proud of yourself ;)

If you've also car-pooled a bunch of boys to basketball and arrived home to a child needing help with homework or wanting to tell you a story... ... . . my own view is that sometimes there are other things much more important than cooking from scratch. But, as always, each to one's own hierarchy of priorities :)

darlingmole, Aug 10, 8:40am
you could buy here about 14 or 15 years ago? Basically a pastry shell filled with spaghetti and a top "crust" of cheese - my kids loved it but purely for the novelty factor I think[/quote]

That's what we use to buy at the tuck shop at school~! Gee I actually mis those pies ... not authentic pizza for sure, but totally comfort food regardless :-D

sarahb5, Aug 11, 9:31am
I do do all that stuff - at least one boy every night has sports training, sometimes both, usually at different times, mostly in opposite directions (I could go on) but this is not a competition about who can cook the "best" meal in the shortest amount of time - my point was that there is better stuff that you can give your children/family to eat in a limited amount of time than pizza pie ...

elliehen, Aug 11, 11:59am
Cooked a superfast fast pizza tonight - two actually - with pre-made Turkish wood-fired pizza bases, a scraping of garlic-y tomato paste, some drained chopped Italian tomatoes, onions and two cheeses.

I sent one hungry diner out with a torch to pick rocket in the dark, and that was dinner. Five minutes prep, 8 minutes cooking :)

purplegoanna, Aug 11, 8:34pm
food in a minutes 'bucks roasted vegetable and chicken pizza recipe' has the BEST EASIEST & MOST SUCCESSFUL pizza base ive ever made... .

elliehen, Aug 11, 10:01pm
And made with love, I'm sure, purplegoanna.

That old crooner Dean Martin, mate of Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra sang: "When the moon in the sky is a big pizza pie, that's amore... "

uli, Jan 17, 11:06am
Ahem - yes I would think so LOL :)
Your kiwi sister would have seen the same reaction anywhere else in Europe too by the way ...