Blondie slice recipe?

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 13, 4:00am
i had a great recipe for these a while ago but i have misplaced it, it came from a show on food tv. has anyone got a recipe for these ?

herself, Jul 13, 8:59am
Is this the one? 1/2 cup of butter melted, 1 cup of tightly packedbrown sugar, 1 egg, lightly beaten, 1 tsp of vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp of baking soda, pinch of salt, 1 cup of flour, 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips -whatever you like. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 tin. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl, add egg and vanilla ess. whisk. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the choc. chips and/or walnuts. Pour into the tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.

herself, Jul 15, 9:42am
Will have to make this myself now, I had forgotten how delicious Blondie Slice is. Yumm! ! !

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 15, 8:03pm
yup i found a recipe and made it yesterday nom nom

griffo4, Jul 16, 1:35am
tipsy_blonde would you kindly post your recipe please

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 16, 4:07am
here you go

Blondie Slice

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* About 1 1/2 cups butterscotch, semisweet chocolate, peanut butter, or white chocolate chips, optional

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish.

Put the sugar in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a small skillet or in the microwave in a glass measuring cup. Stir the butter into the sugar until smooth, cool to room temperature.

Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.

Beat the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms. Fold in the chips, as desired.

Spoon the batter to the prepared dish and spread to evenly fill the dish. Bake until the blondies are light brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Invert onto a rack and cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 16, 4:08am
its american measure so prob be about 190 c?

griffo4, Jul 16, 7:41am
Thanks so much tipsy_blonde for that l will give that a try
Have a great weekend it looks like baking weather

sarahb5, Jul 17, 1:03am
Oh yum - I have a friend who makes the best blondies but she will never give me the recipe because as she says if I can make it myself I won't have any excuse to go round and eat hers ...

sarahb5, Jul 18, 1:35am
I made these yesterday afternoon - they taste great but don't have quite the texture I was expecting. When it says whisk - how long for? I only used a balloon whisk and think maybe I should've used the electric one instead.

sarahb5, Jan 26, 2:42am
I want to make them again but how do I make them rise like my friend's do?