Frozen biscuit mix

raewyn64, Jul 5, 6:59am
x2
Sorry I know this has been talked about before but I just want some clarification.
In 2 weekends time we are having an open home and so I thought I would make some choc chip biscuits that cook just before the open home - for a yummy smell and also for people to eat.
But of course I don't want to be mixing them before hand due to mess.
So I thought maybe I could mix them this weekend, and make the little balls for each biscuit (they are not ones that you make a log and slice - they are ones to roll little balls and flatten). Once I had the balls I would freeze them down and then on the day of the open home thaw them and then put them on the baking tray, flatten with the fork and cook - mess free.
The recipe has butter, sugar, egg, baking powder, flour, vanilla and choc chips. Will they freeze down and them bake ok with those ingredients (especially concerned about the baking powder in them).
Thanks so much for your help and tips.

cookessentials, Jul 5, 7:03am
x2
I think most biscuit doughs will freeze really well raewyn. I dont see why you couldnt do the recipe as you have described above.

cookiebarrel, Jul 5, 7:14am
x2
I have a bulk biscuit recipe with the same ingredients in it and I often freeze it in the way you want to do for using later. I also roll it into a log and slice it frozen, then put onto a baking tray and into the oven while not quite thawed and it makes nice 'thins' to have with a cuppa if I am being good and not over-indulging ;-)

raewyn64, Jul 5, 7:23am
x2
excellent thanks so much everyone, I shall give them a go!

cookessentials, Jul 5, 7:31am
x2
Good luck with the house sale too!

raewyn64, Jul 5, 7:42am
x2
Thanks for that - we are trying to sell without an agent so decided to do a couple of open homes - all fingers crossed :)

red2, Jul 5, 10:26pm
x2
I too am having open homes and I just have some hot cross buns in the freezer that I heat up before it starts then leave them cooling on the bench under a fancy teatowel . House smells great !

levintofu, Jul 5, 10:32pm
x2
you know just baking vanilla essence does the same thing... less fattening too

raewyn64, Jul 6, 3:52am
x2
Thanks all for the open home suggestions. I am hoping that the biscuits will be a mutli purpose thing- a nice smell, something for them to nibble on (a bit of a bribe lol) and then the left overs will be for us:)

cookessentials, Jul 6, 4:04am
x2
The good old pot of coffee or a great slow cooking casserole works well - especially if it is a cold and wet weekend.
Just as an aside, have you done an info sheet for your open home? ie: good photo or two and basic info such as section size, number of bedrooms, nearest schools etc?

raewyn64, Oct 4, 9:45am
x2
cookessentials you and I must be a lot alike ha ha
Yes the sheeets are done, basicially the details off the place I have lkisted the house and the open home - can't say where so I am not seen to be promoting anything ha ha.
Got some plastic corrogated sheets to make the open home signs to attract the passing traffic.

Thanks for the suggestions of the coffee or the casserole - will keep them in mind.