Hi Ladies & Gents does anyone have a recipe for a

craigen, Jul 2, 8:08am
cake that you make from the egg yoks left over from making a pav? Have a friend and her Mum used to make it and it was called ... . . After pav cake or something like this. Would be very interested in hearing your thoughts... ... TIA Deborah

winnie231, Jul 2, 8:43am
I do ... in the Rally Cookbook ... but I'm packed ready to move - sorry.
However, if you google 'cake egg yolks' you will find some suitable recipes.

marcs, Jul 2, 8:46am
Just make lemon butter and put it over the pav. It is yummy

245sam, Jul 2, 9:29am
or orange curd - it's very yummy on a pavlova too. :-))

fisher, Jul 2, 10:00am
move... ... where you going to winnie231 ? ? ? you coming to sunny northland :}}

bedazzledjewels, Jul 2, 8:19pm
I think it's called a Golden Cake. Try googling it.

winnie231, Jul 2, 8:29pm
Lol fisher ... I wish! ! !
Nah - I'm off to cold & frosty Chch. Going back to school I am to get egimicated! ! ! Now that my paw is a no go on profi kitchen work I decided it's time this old gal learned some new tricks. Diploma in tourism management is hopefully the key to opening new doors.

lulu239, Jul 2, 9:02pm
Ingredients for Golden Cake
• ¼ cup butter or shortening
• ½ cup sugar
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 cup flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 teaspoon orange extract
Instructions
1. Cream the butter or shortening and add the sugar gradually.
2. Beat the yolks until thick and lemon colored.
3. Mix and sift the dry ingredients and add to the first mixture alternately with the milk.
4. Flavor.
5. Bake as loaf or layer cake, in a moderate oven (380 degrees F. ) for forty-five minutes.

GOLD CAKE
Ingredients
• 2 cups sifted cake flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 egg yolks, beaten till thick and lemon-colored
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
Directions
Sift your flour, and then measure, and then add the baking powder, and sift the flour and powder together three times.
Cream the butter well; slowly add the sugar, and cream till the mixture is light and fluffy.
Add the beaten egg yolks, mixing well.
Alternated adding the flour mixture with the milk, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
When the batter is smooth, add the flavoring and beat well.
Pour the finished batter into a well greased 8-inch square baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.

jessie981, Jul 2, 9:08pm
Good frost here today winnie!

fisher, Jul 2, 11:03pm
you go girl. . ejimakation is good. . you'll will be able to cook for folksand "tell them where to go" all at once . . hahahahaha
good luck in your endeavours. .

lulu239, Jul 2, 11:31pm
Lemon Curd
Makes 2 cups, enough to fill 24 cupcakeS
Homemade curd will keep in the refrigerator up to one week, and will keep frozen for up to three months.
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
In the top of a double boiler, whisk together the lemon juice and cornstarch. Add the sugar, zest, and egg yolks; whisk to combine.
Bring the water in the double boiler to a simmer. Using a whisk, stir the mixture until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 20 minutes. Whisk in the butter, one or two pieces at a time. When all the butter is combined, transfer the curd to a clean bowl. Cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to cool.

Orange Curd
Makes 2 cups, enough to fill 24 cupcakes
1-1/2 cups orange juice
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Grated zest of two oranges
Place the orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let it simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup. Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler. Add the sugar, zest, and egg yolks; whisk to combine. Bring the bottom of the double boiler to a simmer. Using a whisk, stir the mixture until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 20 minutes. Whisk in the butter, one or two pieces at a time. When all the butter is combined, transfer the curd to a clean bowl. Cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to cool

craigen, Jul 3, 4:22am
Thank you Thank youThank you my friend will be very greatful. Can always rely on you lovely ladies and gents for an answer.

winnie231, Sep 26, 12:43pm
Thanks fisher! ! ! Hadn't thought about it quite like that :)

Jessie - I'm in Hanmer tonight - had to go to reception of the hol park & ask for xtra blankets cause miss 13 & I were freezing our butts off in our unit! ! !

I'm pleased someone came up with a recipe!