Caramel Slice

mummysjs, Jun 8, 9:15am
I can't find a recipe for a yummy caramel slice - do you have one to share? Thanks

245sam, Jun 8, 9:22am
mummysjs, I absolutely recommend Caramel Crumble - sooo easy to make (no creaming, etc) and equally as yummy to eat. You'll find the recipe at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=610

white_rabbit23, Jun 8, 9:26am
Base
1 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of coconut
1 cup of brown sugar
125 g of butter (melted)
Filling
1 can of condensed milk
2 tbsp of golden syrup
1 tbsp of butter
Topping
200 g cooking chocolate, broken (dark chocolate is best)
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm X 30cm sponge roll tin.
Prepare the base. Combine the flour, baking powder, coconut and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in butter*. Press into tin and bake in the preheated oven for 10 mins.
While the base is cooking, prepare the filling. Combine the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter into a small saucepan. Cook over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Continue to cook, stirring for another 5 mins. Spread the base**. Return to oven for an extra 10 mins. Place on a rack to cool.
Prepare the topping. Place the chocolate in to a bowl. Bring a small quantity of water to the boil in a saucepan, remove from the heat an place the bowl of chocolate firmly on top. Stir while the chocolate melts. Spread over the filling. Chill until chocolate is set. Cut into slices using a warm knife.

auntlb, Jun 8, 9:26am
This is devine:

1c self raising flour
1 c coconut
1 c brown sugar
125gm melted butter.
Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
Mix all these together and press into a 20x30cm pan. Bake for approx 15 mins or until lightly golden.
While baking base mix the following in a saucepan:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
30gm butter
2 T golden syrup
Do not let mixture boil - stir until golden. Pour over the base and place back in oven for further 10mins.

When cool Melt 125gms dark chocolate and 60gm butter together.
Spread over caramel and set in fridge.
Makes approx 24 squares

mummysjs, Jun 8, 10:18am
Yumm! Thanks - can't wait to get stuck in tomorrow.

antoniab, Jul 31, 4:52pm
Yum I made this yesterday - delish! just like my Mum makes, thanks.