Mashmellow Slice recipe please

holdenfanz, Jun 7, 12:34am
I bought a marshmellow slice off a lady at the Te Awamutu market and it was the best marshmellow slice I've ever tasted it melted in my mouth. I would love a recipe for melt in the mouth marshmellow slice please. TIA

gjsimps, Jun 7, 1:27am
Maybe it was this one.
50grm butter, 250grms marshmallows, 2 cups rice bubbles, 3/4 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup coconut 1/2 cup cranberries or sultanas. 1/3cupedible pumpkin seeds. makeup with more coconut instead if you wish.

Line base and sides of a baking tin with baking paper.
In a saucepan combine butter and marshmellows heat on a low heat stirring 5-6mins until melted and smooth.
In a large bowl combine remaining ingrediants. Add the butter and marshmellow mixture and do it QUICKLY.
Mix well and press into tin using a wet spoon. Chill for 2 or 3 hours. Cut while in pan. This will store in a airtight container for up to 1 week. I cut into small pieces.

ruckass1, Jun 8, 6:36am
Weetbix Rocky Mallow
Base:
3 crushed weetbix,
1/2 c sugar,
2 T cocoa,
1 c coconut,
1 c flour,
1 tsp b powder,
175g melted butter.

Combine all and press into tin. Bake at 180 deg for 15 mins. Cool.

Topping:
2 dsp gelatine,
1 t vanilla,
3 drops food colour,
1 c boiling water,
1 1/2c sugar.

Dissolve vanilla and colour in water. Sprinkle gelatine over to dissolve. Mix in sugar. Beat on high for 10 mins (until setting). Spoon over base, sprinkle with coconut and refrigerate.

theanimal1, Jun 9, 3:56am
Marshmellow Shortcake

125g butter softened,
1/2 c sugar,
1/2 tsp vanilla essence,
1 egg,
1 3/4 c plain flour,
1 tsp baking powder and
choc hail or coconut.

Topping;
2 tbsp gelatine,
1 c cold water,
1 c sugar,
1 egg white,
1 c icing sugar.

Cream butter and sugar then add essence.
Add egg then sifted flour and baking powder.
Mix until well combined.
Press into a 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin lined with baking paper and bake at 180'C for 30 minutes.
Spread topping on shortcake immediately.
Sprinkle with choc hail or coconut.

To make topping;
Soften gelatine in water, add sugar and boil for 8 minutes.
Cool.
Beat egg white until stiff and fold in icing sugar.
Slowly pour in cooked gelatine.
Beat until white and thick.

Variation or an alternative topping;
Soak 1 pkt lemon or raspberry Jelly crystals in 1 1/2 c cold water for 10 minutes and boil for exactly 8 minutes without stirring.
Leave until slighly cool.
Add 1 c icing sugar and beat until stiff.
Spread on shortcake mixture, sprinkle with coconut or ice or choc icing then sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

holdenfanz, Jun 9, 4:05am
Thanks Theanimal1. I have a silly question though. How thick should the mix be? I mixed it for 10-15 minutes but its come out sticky. SHould it be like a marshmallow when its ready to pour over the base? Sorry

deblet_, Jul 21, 4:19am
Yep, you have to beat it for AGES - 20 - 25 min I think. I make one the same and theanimal - its delicious! and worth all the mixing!