Not A Recipe But

tommi2, May 27, 7:04am
i would just like you all to know that my son, who is 14, won the NZ Beef and Lamb Burger Competition at his school. He is now off to compete in Wellington at the Regional Finals on June 25 and if successful there, then off to Auckland for National Finals. He created his own burger so it is absolutely unique, he based it on a Middle Eastern Theme using lamb mince. He called it the Ali-A-Baba Burger and the judges rated it 19/20. I am very, very proud of him. Have even thought about going to the local Kebab shop, who also do burgers and seeing if they would make and sell it lol. I have tasted it, he has made them for us for dinner and it was absolutely devine

samanya, May 27, 7:21am
well done. . your son.
19/20 ain't half bad!

Best wishes for June 25.

floralsun, May 27, 12:43pm
Congratulations to him Tommi - and to you for teaching him to cook - saw your other thread in General.

margyr, May 27, 6:24pm
you have every right to be very, very proud of him Tommi! well done to him, and all the best for the finals.

mber2, May 27, 9:50pm
Tommi
I would like to say to your Master 14, and Congratutions and i wish him well & we will be thinking of him on June 25th & he has made his mum & brothers so proud, and hopefully in a few years to come we will be watching his cooking show on the telly. Good Luck Master 14

juliewn, May 28, 11:44am
How cool Tommi. . :-) I bet you're very proud of him. . congratulations to your Son and good luck to him for the Regionals. . :-)

fruitluva2, May 28, 10:00pm
Shucks, thats absolutely awesome Tommia real proud parent you be and rightly so. Congrats and all the best for the Regionals.

motorbo, May 28, 11:03pm
that is fantastic! ! all the best of luck for the regionals!

pickles7, May 28, 11:05pm
Been done before, old as I am, and just a little distasteful. .

kirinesha, May 28, 11:14pm
?

What on earth do you mean?

eastie3, May 29, 12:07am
I don't understand either.
Good luck to your son tommi, I can understand why you are very proud of him.

tommi2, May 29, 12:29am
I'm sorry, i don't understand what you mean? ? Thank you to all others, i am very proud of him :)

kirinesha, May 29, 12:43am
And so you should be Tommi :)

cookessentials, May 29, 12:51am
Fabulous news tommi and it is always nice to hear of the young ones who take an interest in cooking and good on you for being so supportive of him.

tommi2, May 29, 1:21am
thank you, i have 3 boys, the eldest is not interested in cooking at all, master 14 loves cooking and master 8 is just starting to take an interest. I try to teach my boys not to look at cooking as a chore, i don't see it as a chore, it is something i would consider a passion for me, and for the boys, it does not have to be a passion but it can be something they enjoy doing rather than something they have to do

indy95, Jun 16, 7:07am
Congratulations to your boy, tommi, and it is really good to hear about another Mum who is making sure her children will be well equipped with the basic skills needed to take care of themselves when they reach adulthood. I also think learning to cook should be a pleasure and not just something to be learned " like it or not . "