Richard Till recipe

craftylady1, May 19, 2:39am
Did anyone see the Richard Till recipe on Good morning yesterday? It had a mashed spud base and wrapped in sheet pastry... had an egg, mash spud, bacon... and I cant remember what else

245sam, May 19, 2:52am
craftylady1, most, if not all, recipes as shown being prepared on Good Morning can be found on the Good Morning website so for the recipe you're wanting, have a look at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/richard-till-s-savory-pinwhee
l-and-fancy-chicken-recipes-18-may-3546584

craftylady1, May 19, 2:57am
Ahh. . thanks for that... i dont watch GM but just happened to see that part yesterday... thort it would just be so u buy his new cookbook

elliehen, May 19, 4:48am
Richard Till, in an interview on National Radio, said that it was a recipe his mother used to make called pinwheels - puff pastry sheets spread with variations on mashed potato, rolled and chilled in the fridge before slicing into 1/2 cm widths and baking.

His mother used to cater frequently for post-concert supper parties for visiting classical musicians. (Richard is the son of Maurice Till, one of New Zealand's foremost piano accompanists/collaborative pianists. )

retired, May 19, 6:20am
My friend gave me that recipe about 15 years ago and it is always a favourite when I make it.

sherralynne, May 19, 7:54am
We saw Richard Till in action at the Havelock Mussel Festival in early March. He's an amazing chef and entertainer. We have cooked his mussel fritters and they are delicious. He talked a lot about his childhood and his desire to bring New Zealander's back to good 60's and 70's dishes.

korbo, May 19, 10:36am
i lovehim, saw him at a food show, he is so funny, and the way he *slaps* up scones. just wish i could do the same.

alebix, May 20, 5:19pm
I think he is great. I loved the show he did about travelling around to the average persons home and eating their food.
He has passion aboutt he food and it shows. .

I dont think he is yelling, I think he is just excited about life and food. .