Magic slice

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 16, 5:57am
Thats what we used to call it years ago but I’ve lost my recipe, biscuits base and stuff sprinkled on top, pour over condensed milk and bake, thats all I can remember, Anyone have the recipe

245sam, Jun 16, 6:13am
kiwiscrapper1, I haven't ever made the Magic Slice however I have enjoyed the variation of it that Mum of a friend made - she got the recipe from the Nestle can label.

MAGIC SLICE
Base:
1½ cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs
75g butter, melted

Mix the biscuit crumbs and butter then press the mixture into a 28cm x 18cm tin.

Topping:
1 cup each of milk choc bits, raisins, desiccated coconut and flaked almonds
1 x 395g sweetened condensed milk

Evenly sprinkle the ingredients over the biscuit base in the order given, then evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top.
Bake at 180ºC for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the centre is firm. Cool in the tin.
The version I enjoyed I think omitted the almonds but definitely included chopped dried apricots and used chocolate chips instead of the choc bits.

Hope that helps. :-))

nimmicky, Aug 25, 6:45pm
I think there is an Annabelle Langbein recipe called Choconut Slice which is this recipe.
I use a whole packet of round wine biscuits for the base, with cocoa and melted butter. very yum