What do you serve with Bacon & Egg Pie?

rai5, Jul 13, 8:10am
Probably having tomorrow night for dinner, but wondering what to put with it.

paora-tm, Jul 13, 8:22am
Green Peas & Mashed Potato.

davidt4, Jul 13, 8:24am
A tomato and parsley salad.

articferrit, Jul 13, 8:30am
mashed spud and coleslaw.

duckmoon, Jul 13, 10:51am
x1
Salad and chutney

ridgeline, Jul 13, 11:29am
A light Salad

lynja, Jul 13, 6:36pm
Chips and coleslaw.

datoofairy, Jul 13, 6:53pm
x1
Serviettes. B&E Pie is perfect all by itself.

oramac, Jul 13, 7:30pm
x1
More bacon & egg pie.

kindajojo, Jul 13, 8:02pm
Tomatoe sauce or a nice tomatoe relish. then dessert

lythande1, Jul 13, 8:58pm
Bubble and squeak. Or nothing, cause I usually put all sorts in mine, peas, corn etc etc.

paora-tm, Jul 15, 11:00am
The OP is asking about Bacon & Egg pie. lol

buzzy110, Jul 16, 4:25am
Probably too late now now but for things like that I make it two courses. The pie is eaten in all its glory solitary with some tomato or whatever to make it look pretty.

I chose vegetables and eat them as a separate course. My current favourite is lots of finely sliced leek and mushroom or fennel bulb finely sliced into round and sauteed till some of it is crispy in ghee. Then into a baking dish a decent dollop of cream added and cheese - mozzerella, cheddar and parmigiana grated over the top and grilled. I have that with lightly steamed other vegetables.

rai5, Jul 16, 7:16am
We ended up having mashed potato and peas. Hubby would have been quite happy with Bacon & Egg pie on its own. Left overs were for lunch today.

strathview, Jul 16, 7:19am
Bacon and egg pie here is a summer dish when the hens are laying well and I need to use up the eggs. It is either eaten by itself (we take it for lunch when attending the A & P shows) or it is eaten when at home with salads eg potato salad, tomato & cucumber, lettuce & tomato & avocado, beetroot & feta & beet leaves etc.

socram, Jul 16, 7:36am
If there is tomato already in it, a meal all on it's own. Otherwise, tomato relish. Maybe a baked potato with a load of butter.

Sorry, I can't eat mashed potatoes without moisture and I am not a salad person and not keen on peas, other than mushy peas!

sellontrademe, Jul 17, 7:46am
I agree, no need for more carbs when you have pastry already

ritebuy, Jul 18, 10:48am
coleslaw and pickled onions

karlymouse, Jul 26, 7:02pm
As long as its bacon and egg and not bacon and egg and onion and mixed vegetables. then a sliced raw tomato and onion, lettuce and capsicum salad. no tomato sauce allowed.