Truffle help!

veritas3, Dec 24, 8:05pm
I have made coconut truffles. half cup coconut cream, 2tsps lemon rind and 360grm white chocolate melted together and then into fridge to firm up before rolling into balls. trouble is that it's not setting. I thought maybe too much coconut cream? so have added more melted white chocolate but still very sticky. any suggestions on how to firm up mixture please?

valentino, Dec 24, 8:37pm
Just leave it in the fridge until firm enough.

About 3 weeks ago, did a batch of truffles and yes - it took double the time at least to firm up yet was still the same recipe prior.
It was in the saucepan but was okay in the fridge them upon checking some time later was very firm but manageable.

Cheers.

veritas3, Dec 24, 9:32pm
thanks for that, after 3 days it's still the same consistency!

sampa, Dec 24, 9:47pm
Try adding some crushed biscuit crumbs, Krispies would be nice but anything plain should work to give it some body and firmness. Or shredded coconut if you'd rather avoid gluten.

valentino, Dec 24, 9:55pm
Hmmm, golly gosh. Mine was a choc centred ones, unsure on the best thing re yours. All I can say is that sounds like the White Choc is the problem, does not have the full setting like the darker milk choc has, sounds strange but it all I can think of. Wondered if it was made with Milk Chocolate say about 30% Cocoa, and using Whitaker as this used with a higher amount of cream works great. Hmmm, just personal thoughts though.

Cheers.

valentino, Dec 24, 9:57pm
Yeah, shredded Coconut will help but really need to be well mixed and not dry. Good thoughts.

veritas3, Dec 24, 11:07pm
Thanks i've tried more shredded coconut . next i'll try the biscuit crumbs!

katalin2, Feb 28, 5:51pm
Milk powder also works to give firmness