Lemon honey made in microwave

sarahb5, Aug 27, 12:02pm
Bump - for motorbo - my recipe is at #4, easy, quick and great tadte

kaddiew, Aug 28, 3:21am
That's the one I posted a few years ago on here. Glad to see it recommended. It's just so easy, low(er) fat, and tastes delicious. I'm usually a little heavy handed on the lemon juice, as I prefer it zingy.

malcovy, Aug 28, 7:00am
Kaddiew, If thats your one that has not got the butter, Thank you. It is delicious and freezes well, scoops easy when frozen, is delicious added to homemade icecream. I make often and have shared this easy recipe with many people.

sarahb5, Aug 28, 7:47am
I could just eat it from the jar!

kaddiew, Aug 28, 10:52am
That's the one. Glad you like it. I haven't tried it in ice cream - thanks for that tip!

malcovy, Aug 28, 5:47pm
is what you mean :-) and yes it is very very good to eat it that way. I have mixed it with whipped cream or coconut cream too and ate it that way.

kaddiew, Aug 28, 8:34pm
I do the same.: ) And beaten into cream cheese, then piled into mini tart cases, makes tasty little mouthfuls of "cheesecake".

jmm18, Aug 29, 10:23am
Lemons are plentiful at the moment so must try microwave version! Thank you for all the different recipes but the same end result.

sarahb5, Aug 29, 11:46am
Delicious with unsweetened Greek yoghurt, blueberries and a drizzle of honey

nauru, Aug 30, 7:43am
Yes great with yoghurt especially Greek. I remember that Marks & Spencers in the UK used have a lemon curd flavoured yoghurt years ago, my daughter loved it. Had to make it myself when we came to live here as it was one of the things she missed.

summersunnz, Aug 30, 11:53am
Lemon Honey/Curd/Cheese is great used as the filling for a lemon meringue pie too - much better flavour than the usual recipes - yummy tart/sweet.

flyingwitch, Sep 12, 5:59am
anyone have a recipe for this please

pam.delilah, Sep 12, 6:04am
lemon Honey (microwave)
4 eggs, 1 ½ cups White Sugar, 100 g butter, cut into little pieces, grated rind and juice of 2 lemons. Place the eggs and sugar in a large microwave proof bowl or jug. Whisk with a wire whisk until well combined. Add the butter, lemon juice and rind. Cook on high for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring every minute until the mixture is smooth, thick and creamy. Cool for 5 minutes then pour into warm clean jars. Seal when cold and store in the fridge.

pam.delilah, Sep 12, 6:06am
and another
3 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 3/4 of a cup of sugar - whisk all together until sugar is dissolved.
Add zest of one lemon and juice from three lemons and 125g cubed butter.
Microwave on half power for 8 minutes and thereafter, give 1 minute bursts whisking inbetween until it's thickened let it cool down a bit before putting into jars and keeping in the fridge.

245sam, Sep 12, 6:15am
flyingwitch, here’s a couple of microwave Lemon Honey recipes, one uses whole eggs (tried and tested), the other uses egg yolks + 1 whole egg) - I have not used the latter recipe.

Glennys Raffill’s LEMON HONEY
(1)
75g butter
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 large eggs, beaten

Put the butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a little jug and cook on HIGH (100%) for 1-2 minutes (until the sugar has dissolved). Mix and gradually add to the egg mixture, stirring well. Return the mixture to the jug and cook on MEDIUM (50%), stirring every minute until the mixture thickens (3-5 minutes). Mixture will thicken more as it cools.

(2) Lemon Honey using left-over egg yolks
1 cup sugar
100g butter
grated rind of 1 lemon
juice of 3 lemons
1 egg
3 egg yolks

Same method as above.

Recipes tested in a 650W microwave oven. :-))

and from an earlier thread.

Hope that helps. :-))

korbo, Sep 12, 8:58am
has anyone had their lemon honey go mouldy. i kept mine in the fridge,and one jar went mouldy. any ideas?

sarahb5, Sep 12, 9:23am
Jar not sterilised? Lid not on properly? Mine doesn't last long enough to go mouldy .

nanasee1, Sep 12, 9:24am
It freezes really well so I often freeze it in small containers

sandra25, Sep 13, 8:04pm
Microwave Lemon Curd – I have made this & my notes are in brackets - I got the recipe from Heartbreak Pie.
(loosely adapted from my aunt Robyn and a Ruth Pretty recipe)
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 50g butter (I used about 30g)
• 1tsp grated lemon rind
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Place eggs and sugar in a 2 litre glass pyrex, or other similar microwave safe bowl. Beat until well mixed.
Add butter, lemon rind and juice.
Microwave on high for 8 minutes (took 5 minutes), stirring well with a whisk every two minutes. Be careful because depending on your microwave, you may not need the final two minutes - just keep a close eye on it.
Cool, then pour into hot sterilised jars. Seal when cool - or use immediately and store in the fridge. (Made 2 x jars approx. 350ml each.)

kaddiew, Sep 13, 8:56pm
I've been making the no-butter one for about 20 years, and it freezes really well. It stays soft & spreadable enough to just scoop out what you need without having to defrost the whole jar.

books4nz, Sep 14, 7:34am
I make it in the microwave and without butter too - loooove the flavour! :-)

teap, Nov 23, 9:45am
My receipe uses custard powder, gives it a nice colour.