Gluten Free Ingredients, where to find

colb1, Jan 12, 6:06am
I feel there is a need for a thread just on where to buy GF ingredients, to make everyones life easier.

colb1, Jan 12, 6:07am
Mustard powder, Oyster Sauce, please add to this list.

twigs2, Jan 12, 6:11am
Brilliant GF shop in Cameron Rd Tauranga.

colb1, Jan 12, 6:12am
Thanks, I go do to Tauranga for work a few times a year, wonder if they do mail order?

colb1, Jan 12, 6:21am
Yes I agree, but don't have hours to spend reading all the the messages, , they do contain heaps of very useful info, and everyone doesn't have the same reaction, I just need to find subs for the things I like to cook that need to be modified, it is amazing how big an issue this GF is and its combinations, I am so over feeling sick bloated and grumpy. :)

twigs2, Jan 12, 7:01am
I shall check with the GF shop in Tauranga tomorrow and let you know Colb 1

lil_miss_haley, Jan 12, 8:04am
Binn Inn is quite handy if you have one in your area

cookessentials, Jan 12, 8:12am
http://www.glutenfreegoodies.co.nz/

http://www.glutenfreekiwi.com/find-gluten-free-in-new-zealan
d.html

earthangel4, Jan 12, 5:17pm
Amen, I so agree, here we have fresh choice, new world and bin inn, I go to Blenheim to get most of what I need

colb1, Jan 12, 6:36pm
:) Thanks! ! Where in Blenheim, I am often there, if they put everything GF in 1 place it would help, otherwise it's hit and miss if you find certain things, there is a maggi soup mix the is GF and I have been to alot of Supermarkets looking for it.

colb1, Jan 12, 6:37pm
Thanks a mil, very helpful :)

herika, Jan 12, 6:45pm
Bin Inn has a lovely fine rice flour, other brand rice flours can be gritty. They also have maize cornflour and lots of other GF products :)

cathnjim, Jan 12, 9:46pm
Unfortunately in Whangarei, I need to go to a few different supermarkets to get what I need, as they all seem to supply different things. It's just a fact of life. But even when not gluten free not all supermarkets carried what I needed, but it is more evident now the differences in what supermarkets carry. In Whangarie Putiputrah is a good place to go. I try not to visit all four biggies in one week, and I don't need to go to Binn Inn, the health shops or putiputrah to get what I need, but it's great to visit these places and get more ideas . Also Elocin speciality foods do mail order from the net.

kirinesha, Jan 12, 9:48pm
I spotted a Gluten Free Grocer near the top of Mt Eden Road where it meets Symonds St in Auckland.

melford, Jan 12, 10:00pm
hi colleen. New World Supermarket Bishopdale has a big range of gluten free products from all sorts of manufacturers - well worth a look. Their gluten free sausages are beautiful and they have different unusual flavours (all gluten free from the deli there). You will also find that most supermaerkets has a separate gluten free section so you may need to ask.

colb1, Jan 12, 11:49pm
Hi Dianne, thanks for that will pop over there tomorrow, was in at Barrington Fresh Choice before, not to bad a selection, costing a small fortune to get all the right ingreds, friends will benefit from the pantry cleanout. I travel heaps for work, so now will be carrying extra things with me. . . . oh goodie :)
I see Yeo's brand seem to be GF, Asain/Indian markets are cheaper than the run of the mill supermarkets.

earthangel4, Jan 13, 2:20am
Fresh choice have a big slection, and also bin inn, they have more choices then grey, and also the bakery in town sells gluten free and also there are cafes there

frances1266, Jan 13, 2:21am
St Martins New World has a good selection of gluten free.
I agree that Asian and Indian markets are more economical.
There is a new Indian market that you access off the South City car park that has very good prices and a good selection of g/f flours etc.

earthangel4, Jan 13, 2:23am
There are more places in ch ch then there are in Blenheim or grey, I drove past the ginger bread house there the other day, not sure what it is , but its gluten free

twigs2, Jan 13, 5:27am
Checked it out today and if you google gluten free tauranga, you will find they do on line, phone orders etc. Hope this helps!

colb1, Jan 13, 8:12am
Many thanks twigs2, great to have great helpful people on here.

male_timaru, Jan 13, 3:00pm
Local Binn Inn should have what you need (or be able to order it in for you)

nzbadger, Jun 3, 5:40pm
Great thread for a newby GF!

'Best Before' Shop in Takanini, South Auckland has heaps of GF products.