Malt Biscuit crumbs

countrygirl6, May 31, 7:27am
Hi I am looking for recipes using malt biscuit crumbs

rumpelstiltskin, May 31, 7:44am
Can't beat good old lolly cake! Google for the Alison Holst recipe.

rainrain1, May 31, 8:18am
Dunk in cup of tea, and be quick to the mouth. Dog loves them dunked too, he has to be fast as well
Edited to say, before crumbing of course!

pam.delilah, May 31, 8:19am
Magic Slice

1 1/2 cups malt biscuits, crushed
75 g butter, melted
1 cup choc bits
1 cup chopped raisins
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup flaked almonds
300 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
Makes: 24 squares
Method
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Grease and line 18cm x 28cm lamington pan.
Combine biscuit crumbs and butter.
Press mixture into pan.
Sprinkle choc bits over crumb crust.
Top with raisins,or apricots, coconut and almonds.
Pour Sweetened Condensed Milk evenly over top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Cool in pan, cut into squares to serve.

mooshiesmum, May 31, 8:47am

dibble35, May 31, 9:20am
why'd you have to post another yummy looking slice recipe Pam, my fav ingredients, malt biscuits, coconut and highlander milk, i'm gonna have to make this now arnt I

pam.delilah, Jun 1, 8:11am
you are welcome, all part of the sharing and caring, don't you know

countrygirl6, Jun 1, 9:37am
Made the magic square today it is so yummy. thank you for the recipe its a keeper.

janeny1, Jun 6, 12:34am
Boysenberry Pie
Crush a packet of malt biscuits,.Melt butter and 1/2 t cinnamon and 2 T brown sugar
Mix into biscuit crumbs Press firmly into a pie plate and chill untill needed.
Drain two tins boysenberries and measure 1/2 cup juice into a small saucepan, add 2 T sugar and 2 t cornflour . Cook, stirring until tickened Add the drained boysenberries and cool before spreding into the crust.
I use arrowroot instead of cornflour and my big pie plate needs the whole recipe to be doubled! Seve with vanilla icecream YUM

kiwilion, Jun 6, 12:43am
That looks very nice janeny, how much butter is needed?

kiwilion, Jun 6, 12:45am
We like malt biscuits with butter on them and made into a sandwich. Or on its own . lol

245sam, Jun 6, 1:23am
I always use malt biscuits for this.

CREAMY COFFEE PIE / CHEESECAKE
Crust:
¾ packet wholemeal or malt / maltmeal biscuits, crushed
85g (3oz) butter, melted

Mix the butter and the biscuit crumbs together well, then press the mixture into a 23cm (9”) pie plate and refrigerate.

Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
2 tbsp water
2 eggs, separated
½ cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tsp instant coffee
½ cup (125g) cream cheese

Add the gelatine to the water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
In a double boiler or basin mix the egg yolks, half of the sugar and the milk. Stir over hot water until the custard coats the back of spoon, then add the coffee and the gelatine and stir until dissolved. Cool.
Beat the cream cheese until soft, then gradually add the cooled custard.
Beat the egg whites and the remaining sugar until stiff, then fold the meringue-like mixture into the setting custard mixture. Pour the filling mixture into the biscuit crust and set it in the refrigerator. Decorate with whipped cream and kiwifruit or strawberries.
Serves: 4-6
Note: This cheesecake freezes well and can also be made in individual portion-sized containers e.g. yoghurt pottles. :-))

janeny1, Jun 9, 1:12am
Sorry to take so long to get back. re boysenberry pie. the official recipe is an old one my Mum used ( back in the days .when us kids would bring buckets of wild blackberries home from the carpark by the beach) It says 5 oz (125g) biscuits and 3oz(75g) butter I use the whole packet and 3 large tablespoons of butter

dibble35, Jun 14, 3:31am
Well Pam----- I did make this and it is rather lovely, Thanks. Had a big cooking/baking day all with recipes from trademe cooks. Toadfishs macaroni cheese, and I made the crockpot/slowcooker rice pudding which turned out really well, almost like the creamed rice you get in tins, made a huge batch though, so i'll be eating rice pudd and macaroni cheese for a few days, i'll take your magic slice to work Pam, everyone there can help me polish it off, to dangerous to leave it with just me!

pogram0, Jun 15, 6:43am
I see you can now buy malt biscuit crumbs in New World Supermarkets. Saves having to do this onerous task if, like me, you don't have a food processor. They also have vanilla flavoured variety - probably more suited to a cheesecake base. They are really finely ground; I think I will make a fudge slice tomorrow to try them out.

dibble35, Jun 15, 6:53am
I've been having to make a special trip to bin Inn to buy my malt biscuit crumbs, I to don't have a food processor and crushing them fine enough just takes to long - i'm impatient! I was surprised that Countdown didn't stock them when I 1st looked - thought it would be a regular line for them

huia991, Jun 16, 6:14am
Made this but substituted white Choc drops for the Choc bits, chopped raw cashews for the almonds and used apricots. Using up what was in the cupboard. This slice is sooooo yummy.

Also made Neenish Tarts and a gourmet lollie slice (lolly cake with cut up Turkish delight and fruit Jubes instead of the fruit puffs. Instead of rolling it into a log shape and slicing I pressed it into a slice tin, drizzled melted chocolate over and cut it into squares. Looked really impressive and tastes divine.

bev00, May 22, 9:49am
nice slices