BUDGETS.....who needs them....ME

Page 3 / 90
glendeb, Sep 30, 1:58am
You can google the above recipes and they come up if you want them:)

xmakara, Sep 30, 4:32am
Sapphirez I am a member of simple saving and find it to be excellent and well worth the initial outlay. But you can sign up for free areas of the site if you want

goldgurl, Sep 30, 6:23am
Ahhh ok... Hmmm... not sure what reaction I'd get from my family if I made a meal with only one thigh lol. Have made a meal for all of us with about 5 drumsticks de-boned and diced, or 3 thighs... but one though would really make them upset I think hehehe.

sapphirez, Sep 30, 7:02am
xmakara I am a free member, but miss out on so much of the vault stuff. I can't afford to join the vault, wish i could.

xmakara, Sep 30, 8:49am
Hey Why not try to win a vault membership by coming up with a really good money saving hint? Just a thought... its well worth it.

chevycoupe, Sep 30, 9:16am
kob Well done kob, its quite tough now on families, it was bloody hard when I raised my babies but I wouldnt want to do it in this recession, not with student loans being the same as a mortage payment, I know families who owe 60 grand, yes they get ok money but no bubies for a while. We lived on chicken sausages and mince way back then, all veg grown in our garden. and choc wheaten biscuits were the treat, my kids still hate them 20 years on.

toadfish, Sep 30, 4:51pm
OK Sapphirez... . . You and me... . I have a challenge and anyone else that wants to join us! Can you spare a $2 coin? right... . Have a place, maybe an old yoghurt pot or a coffee jar and everytime you can spare a $2 coin pop it into the jar... maybe even label it Simple Savings. You only need to do this 20 time and there you go. . all paid for. I too want to join the site but never seem to want to shell out the $40. So even if it takes 20 weeks at $2 a week... who cares. NO ROBBING OF THE JAR THOUGH! I always remember a saying my dad says... slowly slowly catchy monkey and often do things this way... like spring cleaning when I am busy... I make myself to at least 1 small thing a day (like the knife & fork drawer, bathroom cabinet etc)which often takes less time than you think so you do 2 or 3 things and after a week you have done 7 plus things...

kob, Sep 30, 7:07pm
toady you are a laugh i myself dont feel the great need to join the website, I get the emails from the savings vault, and yes must admit have had a look at the free stuff the offer but it really isnt anything that we dont talk about, why not find a friend that already has joined the site and have a good browse one day through excatly what you would be getting instead of wishing for something that might disapoint you upon entry.

toadfish, Sep 30, 7:30pm
*waves to KOB* I think it's because budgeting is such a big part of my life at the moment that I really enjoy their emails and think I would also enjoy all those things I can't access. (nothing like telling me that I can't see something to make me want to even more lol) Yes I could pay right now to join but it would go against the grain of doing things the smartest & cheapest way. A grrrr on the Budget front... for the 2nd time since I have owned my dishwasher (6 years) I have to pay $120 to have the door spring replaced... . grump grump grump. Its a F&P Nautilus and I have had 2 springs and a door handle catch go in this time... anyone else had bad experiences like this?

sapphirez, Oct 1, 6:45pm
Budgeting Well, i am gonna have to start budgeting from now on, I have just refinanced with NZHL so need to stick to budget from now on. I'm trying to find a car to buy now as well and the one i want is not cheap!

kob, Oct 1, 7:13pm
me to sapphirez i have found myself unemployed so while job hunting i will have to start practising what i preach so to speak... . . had a couple of interviews so things should be back to normal soon as

sapphirez, Oct 1, 7:16pm
kob All the best for getting a job :)

supercook, Oct 2, 7:32am
Yes I had problem with d/washer springs but I did not get them fixed as it was a old machine but the quote was $150 to fix them. Yes I enjoy reading everyones tips for budgets this year has been the hardest financial for our family with my husband being out of work in the construction industry. But I amalways searching for bargains just back from Countdown got the large pkt of sizzlers sausages for $3. 00 so will freeze in small bags for breakfasts or bbq's. Our local veggie shop has milk for $1. 99 for 2 litres, carrots for . 39c kg and lettuce for . 59c.

sapphirez, Oct 2, 5:49pm
supercook Sounds like you got some good bargains. I need to start budgeting now that i have refinanced - im still looking for the car i want! I need to cut down with spending on groceries, cut out all the lunches and takeaways. What amount does everyone spend on groceries on a budget?

annalies1, Oct 3, 12:38am
Sapphirez have managed to cut down for three adults and one school age child from around $200 a week (including meat, fruit, vege etc) to about $120 a week. Have been reading this thread religously, and Destitute Gourmet, and Healthy Food Guide, and a great new book I got called Table Tucker. I'm aiming to cut down to $80 a week. Lots of stews, casseroles, left overs, making lunches, walking not driving. It's not just food that you can cut down on though, power, water, phone bills. Look at a total budget, rather than just one thing. It will make it seem more manageable.

sapphirez, Oct 3, 11:07pm
New Zealand Home Loans Is there anyone else thats with NZHL? i have switched over to them.

sapphirez, Oct 4, 1:16am
ideas for feeding lots of teenages I need ideas for feeding lots of teenagers cheaply! Before i would spend quite a bit on them, but now i'm trying to watch what i spend and stick to a budget.

kob, Oct 4, 4:05am
HI sapphirez what about a huge pan of nachos. 500 grams of mince browned with a huge onion, add a large tin of tomatoes and a tin of chilli beans one of baked beans add cumin (1-2 teaspoons and then simmer serve over corn chips and heaps of iced water, prob $10 for about 6-8 portions, top it off with home made donuts, easy edmonds recipe and drop in cinamin & sugar, makes heaps can locate recipe if you really want it,

toadfish, Oct 4, 4:14am
Is that lots of teenagers as in your children... or your children and freinds as a one off. I have frequently had a house full of teenagers and the reason for why they are here dicatates to a certain extent what i feed them. If its for no other reason than they all ended up here... we cook up sausies on the BBQ and have those in fresh bread with sauce. They love it all very casual... sometimes we pick up $5 of hot chips as well... I always have a swag of reduced to clear sausages in the freezer for just such occaisions. If they are here for a special reason eg one of my girls birthdays... I make it a bit flasher... Nachos, Hamburgers... anything that can be made with minimal fuss... .

sapphirez, Oct 4, 4:41am
teenagers We have nachos all the time, pizzas, chips etc and pasta... . I have been having lots of teenagers here lately for sleepovas... now im trying to cut down on groceries just wanting ideas one is a vegetarian. Thanks for your suggestions.

dinkydi5, Oct 5, 2:45am
bumpity bump some excellent advise on this thread.

pamellie, Oct 5, 3:18am
Simple Savings I liked the idea I saw somewhere else where someone suggested going shares in the cost with a some friends. If 3 or 4 of you pitch in there's a great saving to start with! I also get the free newsletter and they sometimes have a special where you can join for a cheaper price.

winnie15, Oct 6, 7:04am
with simple savings the initial cost is approx $34 per year, but when you renew it's only $17 per year. Well worth it in the long run.

winnie15, Oct 6, 8:41am
heres a goo d site http://www.eekitout. handup.co.nz/index.htm

argo, Oct 8, 12:07pm
Bumping for tomorrow when i have more time