BUDGETS.....who needs them....ME

Page 4 / 90
twinsforus, Oct 9, 3:42am
bumping back to the top.

buyme02, Oct 14, 10:36am
Hello to everyone. What an awesome thread, great reading. Please does anyone have a real good tolet bowl cleaner for me to try? ? ? When we moved here the toilet bowl looked filthy so I tried all the usual cleaners, tried the baking soda and vinegar But nothing is removing the thick build up on the bottom of the bowl (lime scale)? ? ? or the inside the loo itself. I pride myself on my clean toilet but this one is a nightmare. I think it is the old porcelin one, not sure? ? Thanks in advance.

chonnni, Oct 17, 3:35am
just put bleach in the toilet overnight, should shift the stain

1ted, Oct 17, 9:30am
buyme02, use the tablets that people use for false teeth, place 1 in before going to bed then flush in morning, worked for ours

annalies1, Oct 25, 12:36am
@buyme02 - I have taking to squeezing a lemon in the toilet bowl every night, and leaving to flush in the morning. Probably not particularly good for the porcelain long term, but as a short term fix it did remove the staining at the bottom of the bowl.

malcovy, Oct 25, 2:35am
What a great site, well I have only had a quick glance but I am going back there now for a good old look. Thanks Winnie.

darlingmole, Oct 25, 4:37am
I tried coke, which is what someone told me to do because it apparently dissolves teeth - but it DID NOT remove any stains from the toilet boil sorry.

seasiders, Oct 26, 8:33am
Hi can I make the spreadable butter with any type of oil? I usually have grapeseed or rice bran oil in pantry. Thanks for this thread and all the time you sacrifice for it, its awesome!

seasiders, Oct 26, 9:01am
Roasting Pan Chocolate Cake -
Melt in a big pot-
4 tbsp Golden syrup
1/2 pound (250g) Butter
1 Cup Milk
2 Cups Sugar
-Cool In Pot
Add-
3 Cups Sifted Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Ginger
4 tbsp Cocoa
-Mix Thoroughly

Stir Together
4 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Milk
-Mix Into Cake

Pour Mixture Into A Greased
Roasting Pan.
-Bake About 1/2 Hour At
180-190 c

seasiders, Oct 26, 9:03am
oops dont forget to ice it! Makes a huge cake. cool and freeze half of it if its too big for you.

kob, Oct 26, 6:41pm
what you can do is turn the water to your toilet off and then wearing the thivkest rbber gloves you can find get a steelo pad or goldilocks and give it a supoer scrub using that and you will find it will all come off, the water slowely disapears but once cleaned you just turn it back on again and your away laughing, being in the country with different kinds of waters fresh, dam and then town when you pay for water does it to ours so stick to this policy and youll be fine

timetable, Oct 26, 6:49pm
hi everyone,

haven't been here like for ever but so cool to see this is still going strong! ! hows everyone's christmas prep going? ? *wondering if anyone will through a christmas pud at me and tell me to stop saying naughty words lol*

take care, happy budgeting and catch ya all again some time. doing some more christmas baking for the frezzer today. blessings!

chonnni, Oct 26, 8:31pm
I have got most of my xmas shopping done, I only ever bake XMAs cookies for xmas day to take round with me whereever i go.

kob, Oct 28, 7:51pm
xmas well not very orginised i have got a couple of presents worked out and bought and ahve sorted the special h/m made ones out the DIL is getting a homemade recipe book which ive been working on for months so hopefully that will excite her to get inspired in the kitchen

seasiders, Oct 28, 10:44pm
Hi just wondering what simplesavings is and what benefits it has. thanks :)

twinsforus, Oct 28, 11:08pm
Its a website full of budgetting ideas, tips and recipes. If you want full access to all the info, it costs $47 for the first year (I think) and then $30-something a year after that. I've had a look at the free stuff... most of it is things you might find in this thread! ! Sign up for the weekly newsletter, its free and you get some interesting ideas come through!

sapphirez, Nov 2, 8:24am
Just wondering whether anyone has read the book called The $21 Challenge? I have seen it advertised, just wondering how much it is and wot it is like?

sapphirez, Nov 4, 7:30am
I ended up buying the book "The $21 Challenge"I have decided i will give it a try and i have got a friend thats going to do it with me as well. Is anyone doing the challenge?

bopeep80, Nov 7, 10:11pm
This thread needs a jolly good bumping

I have enjoyed reading all the posts.

I also joined the Simple Saving site 18 months ago, and to me it was money well spent. I didn't have a lot of knowledge on spending less ( and I hadn't seen this thread) so its been a great help. Just in the first few weeks of joining and reading all their Vault contents and message boards, I had overhauled my budget, got cheaper insurance, started shopping wisely, and found I had saved myself more than just the joining fee. My daughter in law logs into it with my details too, so it helps them as well.

Its great for gardening tips as well.

I switched to powdered milk last week, from a suggestion in this thread. I was sick of running out of milk at home. When I saw how cheap the Home Brand stuff was, it wont just be for emergencies that I keep it here. Under $1 a litre! ! ! Awesome.

seasiders, Nov 8, 3:29am
How much does it make please?

sapphirez, Nov 8, 5:10am
Is anyone doing the $21 Challenge?
I bought the book and read it, it sounds good, lots of good tips and recipes in there. It is $21 to feed a family of four a week, but doesn't need to be every week. It is about doing a stock take of what you have and meal planning, using up what you have, making meals out of what you have but still keeping in mind 5+ veges/fruit a day. If you go to the simple savings website you can read the first chapter of the book.

bopeep80, Nov 8, 9:46pm
If I was a family of 4 I would give it a go, but as I live alone, Im wondering if for me it would have to be the $5. 25 Challenge. I think I could do it, just using up stuff in my cupboard. I have good supplies of beans, rice, lentils, canned tomatoes, onions, cheese, potatoes, eggs, powdered milk, cereal, flour and coffee, as well as a couple of meat serves in the freezer. I think my $5 would go on some fruit and veges.

lynneandella, Nov 9, 11:07am
HI all - I am looking for either 2 families or one large one to supply with bakery bread (1-2 banana boxes full) every 2 weeks - must be able to pick up without fail from Browns Bay on a Saturday or SUnday at a stretch at the latest - includes a great array of bread and I would love this to go to peole who really need it - please reply on here or contact me through one of my auctions please ASAP as the next lot of bread is coming through this Friday and I will be away this weekend so will need to arrange for you to liase this time with my contact directly =)

beagle12, Nov 17, 11:56pm
bumping from oblivion.

davidt4, Nov 18, 12:03am
No need to bump any more as threads last for a year.