Does anyone have a soft-ish biscuit recipe please?

crails, May 26, 6:32am
Instand Pudding Biscuits, how important is the cornflour?

rainrain1, May 26, 6:56am
• Lemon Cornflake Biscuits
200gr softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1+1/4 cup flour
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 Tblsp custard powder
1+1/3 cups cornflour
Heat oven to 180dC. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar then add lemon zest. Sift flour and custard powder over creamed mixture, and stir to combine. Lastly stir in cornflakes.
Place heaped Tblsp of mixture on to trays. Bake 15 to 20min or until golden brown. Ice when cold with icing which you beat till creamy.
LEMON ICING
50gr softened butter
1+1/4 cups sifted icing sugar
juice of 1 lemon

deanna14, May 27, 12:30am
Sounds lovely, thanks.

nisty, Nov 16, 11:39pm
I'm wanting a simple biscuit recipe that's not hard to the bite. Something like the texture of Edmonds yo-yo recipe. Have tried recipes from the net & they've soo far not lived up to their names. Softness is the priority, the flavour's not soo important. ( I always use a sifter/sieve ) Tia

245sam, Nov 17, 12:00am
nisty, I have never had, nor know of anyone who has had any problem with biting into these:-

INSTANT PUDDING BISCUITS

170g butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 x ~84g packet Instant Pudding Mix -flavour of choice
1½ cups flour
3 tbsp cornflour - I use household tbsp for this rather than a standard measuring tbsp
1 tsp baking powder

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg, then the Instant Pudding Mix.
Sift the remaining ingredients together, then add them and mix well. Roll the mixture into balls and place them on a greased tray, then flatten each slightly.
Bake at 180°C for approximately 10-15 minutes.

Hope that helps. :-))

nisty, Nov 17, 12:30am
I can't honestly say that I've ever baked a biscuit with instant pudding mix in it, will definitely add a few packets of that to this weeks shopping list. Your recipe has also given me some inspiration & ideas. Thank you 245sam

pam.delilah, Nov 17, 3:07am
Butterscotch is yummy

pam.delilah, Nov 17, 3:08am
jelly crystal biscuits.

100g Butter,
1 packet jelly,
1/4cup sugar,
1&1/2c flour,
1 egg,
1tsp Baking Powder.
Cream butter, jelly crystals and sugar
Add egg and beat well.
Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Place in teaspoonful sizes on a oven tray.
Bake 180 degrees c for 10-12 mins.

nisty, Nov 17, 3:28am
Oh goodie, I have all those ingredients thanks pam.delilah :-) * skips off to the kitchen, he he he *

245sam, Nov 17, 4:04am
Agreed. Unfortunately there isn't the same selection of flavours in the instant pudding range now - there used to be a lot of fruity flavours that aren't available and IMO they were equally as nice. banana, lemon, lime, orange, raspberry - there still is a strawberry one though. :-))

pam.delilah, Nov 17, 4:35am
let me know how you get on, Pam

skydancing, Nov 17, 7:18am
LOL love the colour . when I saw the heading I was going to say about the instant pudding recipe which someone posted on my f/b page just yesterday. I must try them as well.

nisty, Nov 17, 8:04am
To me they actually look a lot greener in the photo than they really are. They're more of a lightish green/blue colour with blue flecks. Either way they're delicious :-)

pam.delilah, Nov 17, 8:23am
a thought , they may have come out green due to the butter adding a yellow colour as blue and yellow makes green. Creaming the butter and sugar until a very light colour may make them come out a more blue

skydancing, Nov 17, 8:24am
I think green biscuits is great!

majcla, Nov 17, 8:31am
i make these cookies with butterscotch instant pud mix and add a handful of choc or caramel chips. take them out of the oven when they are still a bit soft. if they hard in the oven they'll be rockcakes

nisty, Nov 17, 8:46am
OMG! Caramel! I didn't know that you could buy caramel bits. That sounds delish. My shopping list appears to be growing :-) Rockcakes lol.

nisty, Jul 6, 1:45am
Thank you 245sam :-) I finally remembered to buy cornflour & just finished my first batch of butterscotch instant pudding biscuits. Nom nom. devine & the texture is awesome too, I will definitely be making these again :-)