Rice bubble slice

deludedmunchkin, Apr 25, 3:28am
does anyone have the recipe for making rice bubble slice? ? My nanna used to make it but unfortunately i never got the recipe from her and cant ask her now. Thanks in advance

ruckass1, Apr 25, 3:36am
4oz brown sugar 4 oz butter 1 T honey 5 cups ricies. . boil for for bout 3 1/2 minutes then flatten in tin. Needs to be flattened really well so no loose bubbles. Just to make sure the slice stays together when cutting.

margyr, Apr 25, 3:38am
hi there, just on the left is a search box in the first box it already says recipe, in the next box (keyword or member) type in rice bubble slice, in the date posted box it says last 24 hours at the moment, click on the arrow and then on the heading that says anytime, then click on search there are alot of good rice bubble slice recipe threads there. It is yummy and easy as to make and there are alot of variations of stuff you can add once you get the basic idea.

cookessentials, Apr 25, 4:15am
I LOVE rice bubble slice

kirinesha, Apr 25, 4:24am
I used to love this when I was a kid. One of my grandmother's favourites to make for us, she kept on making it for us until we were well into adulthood!

kabbo, Apr 25, 6:15am
i recently made a moro rice bubble slice.
soooooo easy.
3 moro bars chopped up, and melted over double boiler with butter, add 3 cups of rice bubbles, mix it all up plop into tin and wait to set.

i cant rememberthe amount of butter though - will have to go look it up.

bubbaluggs, Jun 13, 4:32am
Does anyone know what 4oz is equivant to in T for brown sugar and butter

margyr, Jun 13, 5:08am
1/2 ounce15 grams
1 ounce30 grams
3 ounces85 grams
3. 75 ounces100 grams
4 ounces115 grams
8 ounces225 grams
12 ounces340 grams
16 ounces or 1 pound450 grams

Dry Measure Equivalents

3 teaspoons1 tablespoon1/2 ounce14. 3 grams
2 tablespoons 1/8 cup1 ounce28. 3 grams
4 tablespoons1/4 cup2 ounces56. 7 grams
5 1/3 tablespoons1/3 cup2. 6 ounces75. 6 grams
8 tablespoons1/2 cup4 ounces113. 4 grams
12 tablespoons3/4 cup6 ounces. 375 pound
32 tablespoons2 cups16 ounces1 pound
the butter will have marks on the side for measurements.

lynja, Jun 13, 5:15am
i use the basic recipe but make up the cups of rice bubbles with rolled oats, sunflower seeds, chopped apricots etc with just one of the cups being rice bubbles. makes a really nice bar

shoregurl4life, Aug 15, 7:19pm
melt cooking chocolate add rice bubbles and mix.
put into a lined tin then cut when cool or
spoon into paper cups

up to you on how much you want to use