AND biscuit/slice recipes that keep

jacqui248, Jan 3, 6:18am
please, wanting to do baking for when we go camping so with any luck it will be quite warm,. and no refirdgeration

245sam, Jan 3, 6:36am
jacqui248, most biscuits and slices do not require refrigeration, unless they are the uncooked fudge type of slice or topped with a dairy or easily melted topping.
I suggest that you bake whatever your family likes, avoiding any that are topped with dairy and/or chocolate, and store the baking in airtight containers in as cool place as possible.Prior to owning a caravan we have camped/tented for many years and have never bothered about the baking needing to be kept in a chilly bin or refrigerator but I always avoided any biscuits and slices that would soften in the heat.

Happy holidaying.:-))

jacqui248, Jan 3, 6:39am
ok thanks . so eggs milk etc if tehy are part of the biscuit recipe will not make them go off!

245sam, Jan 3, 6:45am
If eggs, milk, butter are part of a biscuit or slice recipe that is then baked (i.e. not a fudge type slice), then it should not be necessary for the baking to be refrigerated, nor should those items "make them go off" anymore so than if the baking was stored in your pantry in a warmish kitchen.Just be sure that the containers are airtight and stored in as cool place as possiblee.g. if you are tenting and have camp beds, store the baking under the beds - remember that the closer to ground level that things are stored, the cooler they will be - if you have children though don't forget that they'll be hungrier in the fresh air and baking under their beds could be very tempting for 'unofficial' night time munchies.
:-))

jacqui248, Jan 3, 7:00am
lol thanks 245sam