Lasagna recipe without tomtoes in it?

homeschoolmum, Jan 2, 9:27am
Does anyone have a lasagna recipe that does not have any tomatoes OR curry (yuk) in it please as due to allergies in familyI can no longer usecook tomatoes.We are all missing lasagna.Thanks for your help.

cheeseepoof, Jan 2, 9:37am
you could just use a normal recipe and replace the tomatoe with beef stock

daisyhill, Jan 2, 9:55am
I just googled and found this site - it sounds very promising!
http://www.tomatoesareevil.com/tomato%20free%20recipes.html

Curry lasagne sounds disgusting.

janes12, Jan 4, 4:50am
Here's one from Alison Holsts More for Less cookbook.
Mushroom Lasagne.For 4 -5 servings.
1Tbsp oil, 150g mushrooms, 350g minced beef or lamb, 1/2 tsp oreganum & thyme, 1 pkt mushroom, onion or chicken soup, 3/4 tsp salt, 3 1/2 c. water 150g (3 cups) small lasagne shaped.
Topping : 1 Tbsp c/flour, 1 C milk, 1large egg, 1 C grated tasty cheese.
Heat oil in pan. Add chopped mushrooms, then meat and herbs. Stir over fairly high heat till mince broken up and no longer pink.
Sprinkle soup mix over, add salt,water & bring to boil.Grease an 8 cup casserole dish, spread uncooked pasta evenly then pour over the hot mince mixture.Rearrange if pasta not evenly thru dish.Cover (lid or foil) and bake at 180C for 35 mins.
Mix cornflour & milk till smooth.then beat in egg. Pour over nearly cooked lasagne , sprinkle over the cheese then bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stand 5 mins. before serving with veg or salad and crusty bread rolls.
Variations: Leave off topping and use only cheese(after 45 mins baked)Add parsley, spring onion and paprika for colour.
For stronger flavour add 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic to mince and 1/4tsp chilli pdr with herbs.ENJOY

bambi58, Jan 4, 5:23am
I can't eat tomatoes so have had toi get inventive when it comes to recipes!
I often use a tin of mushrooms in sauce, or a tin of thick pumpkin soup, where you would use tomatoes. Just make in the same way! The pumpkin soup one is really tasty, especially if you add a bit of cumin to it when you put it with the mince ect. I've used other condensed soups too - all good, depends on your tastes.

uli, Jan 4, 5:32am
Just use silverbeet or spinach and some cheese instead of the tomato/beef layer.

k1w1shena, Jan 4, 1:31pm
You could try substituting the tomatoes with mangoes . sounds weird I know. Splash in some balsamic vinegar (the best choice I think), red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar to bring the acidity to the dish.

In other dishes and depending on the recipe, an apple might be a good substitute for a tomato, still with vinegar.

sarahb5, Jan 5, 3:40am
The pumpkin soup sounds like a good alternative - I can't imagine not being able to eat tomatoes, I love them.

roshu, Jan 5, 3:52am
Use courgettes, egg plants and onions.

liamjosh, Jan 5, 7:36am
Jamie Oliver did this summer lasagne on tv yesterday, vegetarian with no tomatoes and looked surprisingly good

http://hotcooking.co.uk/recipes/28/jamie-oliver-30-minute-meals-summer-veg-lasagne

frances1266, Jan 5, 6:56pm
Google for a reciipe called Mystical sauce.It is a tomato free sauce that tastes very much like tomato.I made it once for someone and put it on a pizza, you could not tell it wasnt tomato.Made from beetroot, pumpkin and herbs from memory.