Truffle disaster!

grouch, Dec 22, 6:53pm
I made truffle with oreo bisc and cream cheese. Well they didnt hold together too well when I dipped them into the melted white choc. The choc seemed too thick and the truffles not firm enough. I am not having a good run as I cut my extra fruit cake into fours as it was supposed to be gifts. Oh my gosh the cake is under done. Think I might purchase gifts next year as this is too stressful!

2bakerz, Dec 23, 12:55am
I must admit I didn't like the truffles done with Oreo's as much as using TimTams. The Oreo's are a smaller packet and that and the white filling seem to need a lot less Cream Cheese.I also found it easier, and nicer to roll them in coconut, or chocolate hail, or even 100 & 1000's.Just put what you did get made in the freezer and serve them straight from there!

preskoolteacha, Dec 23, 1:50am
well you could put some coconut in to bind it all together, also could have added cremelta to the chocolate to make it thinner, or even oil

nunesy, Dec 23, 3:02am
Could you add more Oreos, or press it into a tin and make it into a slice, drizzle choc over the top instead! Or break it into chunks and use it in a rocky road recipe! But my sympathies grouch, I've had a terrible run with my homemade gifts this year too!Spent days making gifts and cooking and four things didn't work out so had to do a Plan B gift for several people :-(Hope it works out for you.

grouch, Dec 23, 4:36am
Well I have said to myself that its the thought that counts! LOL. I think the grandsons will like my strawberry jam though as that was a hit last time. It turned out perfectly. I think I will have another go at something else tomorrow for my brother, maybe shortbread.

vampiriousmist, Dec 23, 9:24am
Put the mix in the fridge to harden . I did this with mine