Lost my christmas cake recipe!

fifibear, Nov 26, 8:16am
We shifted house in January this year and I cannot find my Christmas cake recipe. This is a disaster as it is the only christmas cake i have ever tasted that i like. I wonder if anyone can help.

For years I have made a christmas cake from a recipe that appeared in the Australian Woman's Weekly. It is a chocolate fruit cake, and you soak the fruit in drambuie, honey and lemon zest. The recipe had 6 eggs, cocoa, pecans and demerara sugar in it. Does anyone recognise this!

julie19, Nov 26, 8:20am

fifibear, Nov 26, 8:27am
Wahooo. Thank you.and I just found another website with the recipe too. Google AND tradeMe are my friends. Thanks you!

zambesi2, Nov 26, 10:02pm
Yummy!That sounds great.I am going to try that recipe this year.Unfortunately when I have tried to print out the recipe it cuts off all the ingredients on the left hand side of the page!

zambesi2, Nov 27, 9:26pm
Got it printed out now.Question for everyone, what is Queen Parisian browning essence and where do you buy it from!

245sam, Nov 27, 9:58pm
zambesi2, have a look at:-

http://www.queen.com.au/products/essences-extracts (scroll to the bottom of the page)

You should be able to find the product at any supermarket that sells the Queen brand of essences and another likely source would be Bin Inn.

Hope that helps. :-))