Jo Segars Christmas cake recipe

godstone, Nov 15, 2:57am
Can someone please help me with Jo Segars Christmas cake recipe !has condensed milk in it please

dreamers, Nov 15, 3:43am
x1
I am going to try the recipe made for Prince Charles birthday.it has blackcurrant jam in it.

somersetting, Dec 3, 10:23pm
Hello, I was just looking for a xmas cake recipe and came across this one. Is it any good! And also I note there are no eggs in it.does the condensed milk act as the binding agent!
Thanks

biggles45, Dec 3, 10:40pm
Sorry to hijack a thread.Just noticed your trader name.are you from Somerset UK!

jayjay54, Dec 4, 12:18am
I have made the condensed milk fruit cake and it is really nice think it holds its moisture better too Julie le Clerc has a recipe toousing cond milk (think you can get it online)

somersetting, Dec 4, 12:32am
Hey biggles, my family came from Somerset in the mid 1800's. It became afirst name for one of the many children born and has carried on as a family name.

biggles45, Dec 4, 1:05am
Oh, long time ago. Just wondered as I was born in Derbyshire but lived in Somerset from age 10 -16 and again after I married till we came to NZ about 18 yrs ago! It's a small world and we have met several "locals" from back home since we have been here!