Selling home baking at local markets?

chris160179, Oct 29, 6:30am
Anyone know the rules and regulations around selling home baking at markets for the purpose of fundraising!

Thanks.

lilyfield, Oct 29, 7:01am
different in places, best to ask your local council

chris160179, Oct 29, 8:16am
I've tried. Rang today, but no one called me back.

I'm on the North Shore, Auckland, if anyone is local and knows!

duckmoon, Oct 29, 8:24am
If it is regular, needs to be made in a commercial kitchen

chris160179, Oct 29, 8:27am
Wouldn't be regular.We are fundraising for a little girl who needs a transplant.Just want to have a stall where we can sell baking made by a few Mums, sell raffle tickets and collect donations.

lynneandella, Oct 29, 8:29am
Email the Browns Bay marlet and ask them perhaps . Just google them and find their site

jackryan, Oct 30, 1:09am
Ring the council ask for a temporary fundraising food stall license form. Or look online. There will be a few hygiene stipulations that you have to tick and agree to and you will need the copy of the license with you on the stall.No refrigerated things like cream or custards, just regular cakes that will keep at room temperature.(Well that's the rules where we are in Lower Hutt) We do one off fundraising cake stalls a few times a year and it's pretty simple.

jackryan, Oct 30, 1:09am
Ring the council, ask for a temporary fundraising food stall license form. Or look online. There will be a few hygiene stipulations that you have to tick and agree to and you will need the copy of the license with you on the stall.No refrigerated things like cream or custards, just regular cakes that will keep at room temperature.(Well that's the rules where we are in Lower Hutt) We do one off fundraising cake stalls a few times a year and it's pretty simple.

cookiebarrel, Oct 30, 1:24am
Good luck with your fund-raising!

willyow, Oct 31, 3:59pm