Help me :p how to make a white pasta sauce

mattdylan, Oct 3, 1:33am
using milk! I only really have the pantry staples and milk, and some nice parmesan cheese thanks!

kirmag, Oct 3, 1:39am
so a cheesey sauce!or have you got some parsley!

Just make a white sauce (make a roux, add milk, stir lots til it thickens) and add either the parsely or the cheese or both.

mattdylan, Oct 3, 1:45am
I have lots of parsley, ok will do that - how much parsley shall I use/ and will that go well with pasta! thanks :) PS i only have SR flour too is that OK!

pericles, Oct 3, 1:50am
SR flour won't work

kirmag, Oct 3, 1:56am
does it not!I've never used it for a roux, but woulda thought it'd do the trick.

245sam, Oct 3, 1:56am
mattdylan, do you have any cornflour!If so, how about using that to thicken the milk, then add the grated cheese (and parsley too if you want) - and don't forget the seasoning (salt, pepper and IMO a little mustard and/or cayenne pepper goes well in a cheese sauce).If you really want to, you could add butter to the thickened milk although it's not really essential with the cheese.:-))

245sam, Oct 3, 1:58am
Neither have I kirmag, and I too would have thought that it (SR flour) would be ok, however without knowing for sure I thought it best to offer the cornflour alternative as above.:-))

pericles, Oct 3, 1:59am
only ever used plain, the SR will start to raise when cooked

mattdylan, Oct 3, 2:00am
I have corn flour yessss, thanks!

kirmag, Oct 3, 2:48am
Sweet!ya sorted.Good luck!

guest, Apr 2, 11:26am
Fralnky I think that's absolutely good stuff.