WARNING re MasterChef Australia 2012 Thread

Page 1 / 2
245sam, Sep 19, 5:59am
THE "Australian Masterchef 2012" thread has a spoiler - if you go to that thread now, without too much guessing you will find out who the winner is.
:-))

lodgelocum, Sep 19, 6:04am
Too dam late, I am so angry at stupid stupid people that ruin it for others!

245sam, Sep 19, 6:12am
bump :-))

unknowndisorder, Sep 19, 6:17am
thanks for the warning. Was about to go in there, but maybe someone can help me. was it The two guys left who were almost eliminated in Tasmania!
I know who I want to win, but will find out Saturday as to who does and hope I'm right, as in the Masterchef thread there was a clue earlier on and got me second guessing myself along the way.

imn, Sep 19, 6:19am
ooh was just about to click on the thread. why doesnt the stupid trader delete their message! even better get trademe to. how bloomin annoying.

charlieb2, Sep 19, 6:24am
I think it was an intentional spoiler.Guess some people get a 'kick' out of ruining others enjoyment of something.Kind of a sad way to live if you think about it.

245sam, Sep 19, 6:25am
unknowndisorder, Andy and Sam were the two guys who did the cook-off at Tasmania's Stanley Hotel.:-))

bedazzledjewels, Sep 19, 6:26am
I'd still love Andy's beef cheek recipe from that night but they never published it. Maybe you can ferret it out Sam!

imn, Sep 19, 6:29am
Typical. I emailed TM but didnt put the post number in the report. Can someone who has already seen it click on the report button and ask them to remove it just in case they dont respond! Please! Gees man some people are LOSERS !

245sam, Sep 19, 6:32am
I'm not sure that I can find Andy's recipe bedazzledjewels, but I did find this one.
"Slow-cooked braised beef cheeks
Made up a recipe a couple of days ago for beef cheeks, it turned out supurbly awsome, definitely a keeper.

For those who've never had beef cheeks, the attraction is that they're an incredibly marbled, albeit a bit tough, muscle, so when you slow cook them the fat renders through the meat and they become glutenous and delicious. Really wonderful cut for that kind of thing.

When you get the cheeks you need to remove the tough membrane on one side, you do it pretty much the same way you skin a fish: insert a sharp knife between the meat and the membrane, then whack it on a cutting board membrane-down, and wiggle the knife back and forth in a zigzagging motion whilst pulling on the membrane, it cuts right off.

Anyways, onto the recipe:

1.5kg beef cheeks (about five cheeks)
2 cups of wine
half a litre of veal or beef stock
half a dozen carrots
optionally a couple of turnips or a bunch of parsnips
couple of onions
about 8 sprigs of thyme,
a bunch of parsley, I used flat-leaf parsley personally
8ish juniper berries
cracked pepper

Marinate the beef cheeks overnight in the wine, a dash of good olive oil, two of the carrots finely sliced, the onions finely sliced, the juniper berries lightly bruised, and 10 or so peppercorns, the thyme sprigs and the parsley coarsely chopped

Drain the liquid into either a slow cooker or a crock-pot (I use a le creuset knockoff personally). If you're using the latter not a slow-cooker, preheat the oven to ~130C. Get rid of the vegetables, on a hot frying pan with a bit of oil sear each of the beef cheeks well on each side, then add to the wine.

Add the rest of the carrots, chopped, and the parsnips or turnips if you're using them, then cover with just enough of the stock to just cover the meat.

Cover, and whack in the oven (or turn on the slow-cooker if you're using one). Leave it for at least 4 hours, longer if you've got the time.

Pull it out of the oven, place the cheeks on a plate, and bring the liquid to the boil to reduce. Once it's reduced enough, thicken it with a little corn flour.

Serve the beef cheeks on top of polenta or mashed potato, drizzle the liquid over the top, and serve."

from:http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php!t=740945

bedazzledjewels, Sep 19, 6:33am
Thanks so much Sam. I'm salivating already!

unknowndisorder, Sep 19, 6:34am
thank you so much, that has been driving me nuts.
Oh, I hope they don't delete the whole thread, as it has been fun keeping up with the goss in there :)

245sam, Sep 19, 6:34am
The two posts that need to be removed from the thread are # 613 (THE spoiler) and # 615 which has the spoiler quoted in it.:-))

245sam, Sep 19, 6:35am
You're welcome.:-))

245sam, Sep 19, 6:49am
bump:-))

maggie197, Sep 19, 7:11am
alpha did the same thing in General a few weeks ago, and ruined it for a lot of us. Her posts were smug and shallow. She didn't give a damn what she did or the consequences. One very spiteful person. I'm pretty sure she also leaked MKR result as well.

Just copied and paste this to bump the thread above the spoiler one

245sam, Sep 19, 7:24am
and I am doing the same, for the same reason, with my response to maggie197's post
"Agreed.she obviously meant to be a REAL spoiler - just her first sentence would have been enough of a spoiler, but the second sentence spelt it out so well that she may as well have spilt all the facts!":-))

charlieb2, Sep 19, 7:31am
And adding. post #614 needs to go too!

imn, Sep 19, 7:52am
So can one of you report those posts!I see when you click on the post number now in the report link the actual message comes up. Im not spoiling it for us in this household. we've been watching from the beginning and wanna see the end how its meant to be seen. Not by some loser on here that likes to ruin it for others. SHAME on you.

245sam, Sep 19, 7:52am
You're so right charlieb2 - oops, I missed that one.:-))

imn, Sep 19, 8:18am
So have the posts been removed!

245sam, Sep 19, 8:22am
No, they're still there and right now I need to concentrate on getting my dinner before my DH gets home from work, where he has already had a very early meal.:-))

unknowndisorder, Sep 19, 8:26am
enjoy your meal and thank you :)

lodgelocum, Sep 19, 8:28am
Stressful night of the threads, but hubby's dinner must come first lol.

frances1266, Sep 19, 8:42am
Thanks for that.I dont want to know the winner at this stage.So mean when people have been watching the programme for such a long time.