Annabel Langbein.does

Page 2 / 2
ttwisty, Sep 29, 6:13pm
hi ,has anyone got her moroccan tomato sauce recipe ,thanks

rainrain1, Sep 29, 9:56pm
yea, it's her new book which i have here.too long to be bothered typing out though.I like her first book better

245sam, Sep 29, 11:33pm
ttwisty, I don't yet have Annabel's new book however I have a couple of suggestions for you
(a) That you watch the programme again 'On Demand' and note the recipe down as you do so
or
(b) In Annabel's book "The Best of Annabel Langbein" there is a recipe for Moroccan Tomato Sauce - from memory I don't think it's exactly the same as the recipe from last night's episode however I'm happy to post that recipe for you if you want it.

Hope that helps.:-))

ttwisty, Sep 29, 11:50pm
yes please ,would love that ,thanks

seniorbones, Sep 30, 12:18am
245sam wrote:
Annabel's FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE.

250g best quality dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp brandy
2 tbsp black coffee
200g butter chopped
1 cup castor sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups ground almonds
6 eggs separated
Preheat oven to 170. LIne the base and sides of 23cm diameter springform cake tin with baking paper.

Combine choclate brandy and coffee in a large bowl over a pot of boiling water, stirring as the chocolate melts. Add butter, sugar and vanilla and stir until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and stir in ground almonds. Lightly beat egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.

Place egg whites in a large, clean bowl and beat to firm peaks. Stir in a spoonful of beaten egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.

Spoon into prepared tin and bake until risen and set (about 55 minutes) The cake will still be a little gooey in the middle. It may look a little cracked as it develops a crust and can be quite fragile, but htis is normal.

Cool completely in tin.

Edited by koreth at 8:57 pm, Sat 29 Sep

I did watch the programme last night, did she say how long this would keep for! TIA

245sam, Sep 30, 12:47am
x1
Here you are ttwisty.

MOROCCAN TOMATO SAUCE - from "The Best of Annabel Langbein"
This is a really versatile sauce, with the exotic flavours of North Africa.

To Prepare: 15 minutes
To Cook: 25 minutes

1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cardamom seeds
4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
2 tsp each of ground cum in,corianderandcinnamon
2 tbsp olive oil
2 x 400g cans tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt to taste

Fry onion and all flavourings in oil until softened.Add tomatoes and sugar and simmer 15 minutes.Season to taste.
Keeps in the fridge several days
Makes 4 cups.:-))

holly-rocks, Sep 30, 1:04am
245sam :) Thank you for the above recipe :) It sounds yummy !

245sam, Sep 30, 1:09am
You're most welcome holly-rocks.:-))

ttwisty, Sep 30, 2:17am
thank you 245sam

wildflower, Sep 30, 2:23am
The sauce sounds great, thanks for posting.

gilligee, Sep 30, 3:51am
Last nights version also had red capsicum.
Thank you for the recipe.

racheee, Oct 1, 12:55am
Hi all, does anyone know if the saucepans etc she uses are from the Le Creuset range!

figjamto, Oct 3, 2:01am
Just popped the Orange Lightening Cake in the oven.sounded so nice and easy I could not resist.

sarahw2, Oct 4, 9:13am
My Mum in law made this yummy cake over the weekend, she used chopped dates instead of sultanas. It was very delish!

griffo4, Oct 6, 6:51am
l have made the orange cake twice and the butter cookies twice and they disappear fast
l made orange zest, white choc and cranberry biscuits, plain and ones with sultanas all very nice
The biscuit recipe is the same one l made years ago with different variations

mcdaff, Oct 19, 10:35am
I've been making that orange cake for years, the only difference was my recipe has 3 quarters of a cup of warm water instead of half.

jermjerm513, Oct 19, 8:18pm
Is anybody else finding they need to leave it in the oven for more than an hour!Otherwise the middle is all raw still.Have tried both normal bake and fan bake!

tommydog, Oct 20, 10:19pm
Not sure most cooking programmes seem to use them.TV cooks are so lucky as they seem to have a new frying pan , saucepan for everything they cook.I wish Le Creuset weren't so expensive.

racheee, Oct 24, 6:48am
I just bought a le creuset cast iron saucepan from a second hand shop today for $30.It isn't enamelled in the middle though, and not sure if I should re-season it or not!

lotus64, Oct 28, 8:28am
I have made the Orange Lightening Cake several times now, and set the timer for 1 hour.Cake has been perfect every time.:)

kiwibrit2, Oct 29, 4:35am
I had tried to memorise the recipe in shops (don't need any more books!) and tried it today, it was Ok but was missing that 'something' - then I found the recipe just now on Trade me and realised I missed out the butter!I used chopped dates as the added dried fruit.Good to have the correct recipe! Thanks.

wazza_shellz, Oct 29, 11:06pm
Is the cake nicer with or without the walnuts! ;)