Annabel Langbein.does

Page 1 / 2
stompy, Sep 22, 7:39am
Anyone one have the recpie from tonights show for the" Orange Lightning cake"It looked so yummy I should have written it down, I tried to google and get it through her website but no go.

geldof, Sep 22, 7:42am
I have, and I've made it.Nice.
I'll post it shortly.

stompy, Sep 22, 7:50am
greatthankyou :)

geldof, Sep 22, 8:01am
Orange Lightening Cake - Annabel Langbein
1 orange (unpeeled)
1 tsp Baking soda
125gms softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup sultanas or raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 160 deg C.Grease a 20cm diameter cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
Cut the orange into quarters, remove the seeds and whizz in a food processor until finely chopped.Dissolve B soda in 1/2 cup water and add to the food processor with butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour.Whizz to combine.Add sultanas or raisins, and walnuts if using, and stir with a spoon or pulse several times to just combine (don't whizz them or they will break up)
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (about 1 hour)
Orange lightening cake will keep in an airtight container for up to a week or can be frozen.

stompy, Sep 22, 8:04am
Fantastic, thanks so much :)

dallasm, Sep 22, 8:15am
Does anyone have he bread recipe with the yogurt

griffo4, Sep 22, 8:20am
Thanks geldof l have heaps of oranges

petal1955, Sep 22, 8:50am
You can watch this episode on TV one on demand

camper110, Sep 22, 9:26am
thank's for the recipe geldof.

rrrg, Sep 22, 9:47am
Does it not have icing

geldof, Sep 22, 10:20am
It doesn't have icing.
I sifted a bit of icing sugar on the top.

weezil, Sep 22, 10:42am
what was that bread she made!.just came in at the end of the bread and missed the recipe.anyone know!.

pam.delilah, Sep 22, 8:38pm
similar to the popular Magical Orange Cake:

1 whole orange, washed and processed to a pulp,
125gr melted butter,
1 cup sugar
2 med-lge eggs,
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour.

If you have a food processor, just throw everything in together and mix till all combined.
Or Mix together the melted butter and sugar, add egg then orange pulp. Stir to combine then fold in sifted SR flour. Pour into lined loaf tin and bake at 180C for approx 35-40 mins or ready when tested with skewer

nnobby10, Sep 23, 4:45am
Just made it this morning.very very nice, so easy.

sue62, Sep 23, 7:46am
I have some grapefruit to use up. Would this recipe work with grapefruit instead of oranges!

timturtle, Sep 23, 8:07am
Yes it would, and would work with any citrus fruit.

bridgetmcl, Sep 23, 8:40am
It looked great.

sue62, Sep 23, 8:39pm
Will try it with the grapefruit this morning. Thanks for your reply timturtle

groomingtools, Sep 23, 10:23pm
Thanks Geldof - I dont have time today to watch on demand, so after a quick look through Google had the bright idea you TM cooks would have it up.Will make right now to take for supper tonight.It can cook while I am working

zappi, Sep 23, 10:43pm
The bread is as follows:
1 2/3 cups luke warm water
1/2 tspn sugar
2 tspns dried yeast - stir
add 5 tablespoons plain unsweetened yoghurt,
1/2 cup olive oil and stir together.
2 tspn salt
4 1/2 cups high greade bread flour - stir in to make a sticky dough.
Add 1/2 cup flour and work in.Pick up and throw it to work glutin. Top out onto floured bench and knead.Put in covered bowl and leave to rise - about 2 hours.
Cut in half and on each 1/2 press out onto baking tray - length of tray by handwidth wide. Drizzle with olive oil and dimple top.
1/2 tspn cumin seed, 1/2 tspn black sesame seeds or Nigella Seeds, flaky salt on top. Preheated oven 190.Bake 20 mins till golden.Off repeat of show.

weezil, Sep 24, 12:38am
thankyou zappi,will give this a go.

dallasm, Sep 24, 7:35am
Thank you Zappi thought the yoghurt looked interesting

groomingtools, Sep 24, 10:12pm
Made it with dried apricots and almonds - just yummy.It is quite a moist cake so would make a lovely dessert with yoghurt etc

tansrich2, Sep 29, 8:18am
Does anyone have the recipe for tonights flourless chocolate cake!

245sam, Sep 29, 9:14am
Annabel's FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE.

250g best quality dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp brandy
2 tbsp black coffee
200g butter chopped
1 cup castor sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups ground almonds
6 eggs separated
Preheat oven to 170. LIne the base and sides of 23cm diameter springform cake tin with baking paper.

Combine choclate brandy and coffee in a large bowl over a pot of boiling water, stirring as the chocolate melts. Add butter, sugar and vanilla and stir until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and stir in ground almonds. Lightly beat egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.

Place egg whites in a large, clean bowl and beat to firm peaks. Stir in a spoonful of beaten egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.

Spoon into prepared tin and bake until risen and set (about 55 minutes) The cake will still be a little gooey in the middle. It may look a little cracked as it develops a crust and can be quite fragile, but htis is normal.

Cool completely in tin.

Edited by koreth at 8:57 pm, Sat 29 Sep

koreth (732 )8:45 pm, Sat 29 Sep #2