Favourite Nigella Recipe

kirmag, Sep 24, 12:03am
Our theme for dinner party this month is Nigella.What's your fav Nigella recipe so I can get some ideas on what to make!I'm want to do a hot main dish.Thanks heaps!

davidt4, Sep 24, 12:07am
This is excellent if you are feeding large number.

Slow-roasted shoulder of pork (overnight)

Nigella Lawson

Serves 12

1 shoulder of pork (9 – 10 kg), skin scored

Marinade
6 cloves garlic
1 cm ginger
2 chillies
1 tab olive oil
2 tab sherry vinegar

2 tab olive oil
4 tab sherry vinegar

Set oven very hot.Pound marinade ingredients to a paste, rub over skin.Bake skin side up uncovered 30 min. Remove, lower oven to 120 °C.Turn meat over and pour remaining ingredients over.

Return to oven 23 hours.

Remove, turn oven up to very hot. Turn meat over & bake 30 min.

sarahb5, Sep 24, 12:22am
I only use two of her recipes regularly - the cup cakes and the chocolate pistachio fudge but the fudge would be nice with coffee after dinner.For Christmas I use 100g of pistachios and 50g of dried cranberries:

Ingredients
350 grams dark chocolate chopped (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
397 grams condensed milk
30 grams butter
1 pinch of salt, to taste
150 grams Pistachio nuts

As featured in NIGELLA EXPRESS

Method
1.Put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
2.Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces.
3.Add the nuts to the melted chocolate and condensed milk and stir well to mix.
4.Pour and spread this mixture into a foil tray 23cm square, smoothing the top.
5.Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces approx. 3 x 2.25cm. Cutting 8 x 10 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
6.Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer - no need to thaw just eat straight away.

fee1965, Sep 24, 6:39am
her roast chicken tagliiatelle is fantastic, so easy and a real tasty crowd pleaser

chatsmom, Sep 24, 7:13am
Her pistacho fudge is yummy.

marcs, Sep 24, 7:19am
Love her chocolate brownie recipes in Nigella feasts. I don't like choc brownies but that one very nice.

supercook, Sep 24, 9:14am
Her cupcakes are the best ever !
She made nice courgette,mint and fetta fritters nice when courgettes are cheap in summer

sarahb5, Sep 24, 9:22am
See above - I also think it would work well with crystallised ginger and pistachios

vinee, Sep 24, 7:23pm
salted peanut choc crunchie bar nastiness!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/sweet-and-salty-crunchy-nut-bars-recipe/index.html
Although I just do: a block of whittakers plain dark, a big knob of butter, 2 crumbled crunchies, and 1C of salted peanuts.

vinee, Sep 24, 7:26pm
Oh, and sluts spaghetti for your main - of course!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/sluts-spaghetti-recipe/index.html
Very versatile, depending on what's in the cupboard.

genpat, Sep 24, 7:32pm
I like the easy chocolate mousse made in individual glasses,very simple,can make ahead and leave in fridge ,just decorate with chocolate swirls or put some raspberries in the base to give it a fresh surprise taste.

genpat, Sep 24, 7:34pm
Must get get my glasses changed,I actually read hot man dish! And at my age too !

kirmag, Sep 24, 8:41pm
Ohhh some yummy looking stuff, thanks guys!

I need something that I can make the night before tho and that will heat up fine, as the dinner is straight after work - which i'm at all day.Would love to do the slow roast pork, but wouldn't want to leave my oven on all day while i'm not home - damn!

kirmag, Sep 24, 8:57pm

sophie06, Sep 25, 7:03am
does anyone have the cupcake recipe please! I havent found a good one yet.

sarahb5, Sep 25, 9:19am
NIGELLA’S CUPCAKES

Ingredients

125g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
125g soft unsalted butter
2 eggs
Half a teaspoon real vanilla extract (I used vanilla essence)
(At this stage I added some mixed spice and cinnamon)
Approximately 2 tablespoons milk (maybe more as you need to make it into a dropping consistency)

1 x 12-bun muffin tin
12 muffin papers

Preheat the oven to 200C and line the tin with the muffin cases.

It couldn't be simpler to make cup cakes: just put all the ingredients except for the milk in the processor and then blitz till smooth.

Pulse while adding milk, to make for a soft, dropping consistency, down the funnel.

I know it looks as if you'll never make this scant mixture fit 12 bun cases, but you will. I promise you this mixture is exactly right to make the 12 cup cakes, so just spoon and scrape the stuff in, trying to fill each case equally, judging by eye only of course.

Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top. As soon as bearable, take the cup cakes in their cases out of the tin and let cool, right way up, on a wire rack.