Left over lemon yoghurt!

cas41, Sep 11, 2:22am
I have some lemon yoghurt left over from making a lovely lemon cake,haow can use this up! any ideas and recipies would be great thanks.

245sam, Sep 11, 2:31am
How much yoghurt do you have left cas41!:-))

cas41, Sep 11, 2:34am
i have about 500gms left.

lilyfield, Sep 11, 2:44am
I would eat that in2 sittings

245sam, Sep 11, 2:45am
cas41, somewhere I have a recipe for a jelly mousse type dessert that I got from a lemon yoghurt container years ago - it's really nice, but do you think I can find it!I'll keep looking and post asap I find the recipe.:-))

245sam, Sep 11, 2:47am
Us too lilyfield.We enjoy lemon yoghurt, just as is and have enjoyed it for dessert when we've been away in our caravan - it sure makes a nice easy light and refreshing dessert.:-))

cas41, Sep 11, 2:49am
sounds good to me, thanks

sarahb5, Sep 11, 2:50am
Me too but it's really yummy with frozen mixed berries for dessert or with a few rolled oats added for a yummy breakfast - in fact, probably yummy with almost any breakfast cereal to be honest or drizzled over hot apple pie or you could freeze it - whisk until it's doubled in volume and then just stick it in the freezer to eat as frozen yoghurt.

cas41, Sep 11, 2:51am
I have been eating it lol,but have had enough, and god forbidif my teenager ate anything remotely healthy ha ha

245sam, Sep 11, 3:21am
cas41, sorry I can't find that actual recipe :-((.I haven't made it for ages but that's not because it wasn't delicious.There's only two of us at home now and I do recall that the recipe made quite a big quantity.From memory I think the recipe was very similiar to, or an adaptation of the Edmond's YOGHURT JELLY WHIP.

1 x 85g packet jelly crystals
250ml-300ml boiling water
1 cup (250ml) yoghurt

Dissolve the jelly crystals in boiling and leave until beginning to set.Add the yoghurt and beat well until frothy.Pour into glasses or a serving bowl and refrigerate until set.Serve with fruit.

I hope that helps. :-))

245sam, Sep 11, 3:21am
cas41, sorry I can't find that actual recipe :-((.I haven't made it for ages but that's not because it wasn't delicious.There's only two of us at home now and I do recall that the recipe made quite a big quantity.From memory I think the recipe was very similiar to, or an adaptation of the Edmond's YOGHURT JELLY WHIP.

1 x 85g packet jelly crystals
250ml-300ml boiling water
1 cup (250ml) yoghurt

Dissolve the jelly crystals in boiling and leave until beginning to set.Add the yoghurt and beat well until frothy.Pour into glasses or a serving bowl and refrigerate until set.Serve with fruit.

I hope that helps. :-))

Edited to add another suggestion - Ambrosia.:-))

indy95, Sep 12, 5:02am
How about another lovely lemon cake or some lemon syrup muffins to freeze for another time !