Lemon cake recipe wanted

iceangel, Jan 8, 8:02am
Me too last week - it was wonderful thanks so much about to make it again :)

bev00, Feb 7, 11:32am
Lemon coconut cake.
based on a lemon cake It's a huge moist cake that you can whizz in a food processor in a flash.
prep time: 5 mins, Cook time; 1-1/2 hours.
Preheat oven to 160c grease a 28-30cm springform tin and line with baking paper. I used a 28cm and it overflowed, the last time I used a small roasting pan and it make a large rectangle cake plus I got 6 cupcakes from the mix too.

3 cups sugar, 4 eggs, finely grated zest and juice of 4 lemons, 2 cups of neutral oil (I used rice bran) 1-3/4 cups plain unsweetened yoghurt. 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 4 cups self raising flour, pinch of salt.
Place sugar, eggs, lemon zest/juice, oil and youghurt in processor or mixing bowl and whizz or beat until combined, add coconut, flour and sal pulse or mix until only just combined - do not overmix. pour into cake tin and bake until the cake is springy to touch and skewer comes out clean (about 1-1/2 hours) cool in tin.
Icing, 75g butter softened but not melted, 250gms cream cheese (not low fat) 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 4 cups icing suga. place all in food processor and whizz if too runny chill until it reaches spreadable consistency. This icing also says to add 1/2 tsp coconut essence but I didn't like it was too strong,so the 2nd time I made it I left it out and it was much nicer. WHEW!

Edited by seniorbones at 4:32 pm, Sat 4 Feb

Quoteseniorbones (633 )4:29 pm, Sat 4 Feb

dollmakernz, Feb 20, 5:59am
This was in a New World flyer and really delicious!
A fantastic simple 'whip up in a flash' cake with a delicious lemony drizzle topping. Sure to become a favourite recipe as it uses simple ingredients, is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream and everyone will love the fresh lemony tangy flavour.
Meal Type:Dessert
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
Serves:10
By:New World
Ingredients
• Add170g butter
• Add150g caster sugar
• Add200g self raising flour
• Add3 eggs
• Add3 tablespoons lemon curd

• Topping
• Add3 tablespoons caster sugar
• Add3 tablespoons lemon juice (approx. 1 large lemon)
• Add all ingredients
Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 170oC.
2. Line a round baking tin (ideally 20cm or 8 inch diameter) with baking paper.
3. Soften the butter by microwaving for 20 seconds.
4. Mix together the softened butter and caster sugar until light and creamy.
5. Slowly add the eggs, flour and lemon curd.
6. Once all are added, beat well.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. While the cake bakes, mix together the two topping ingredients.
9. When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and immediately pour over the topping.
10. Leave in the tin to cool.

mandyb2, Apr 1, 1:13am
I made molly37's lemon sour cream cake, it was devine.Simple ingrediants and soooo moist.Best cake ever, even the kids like it.thanks molly37.

cas41, Sep 5, 9:03pm
Hi I am after a lemon cake recipe, any ones will do, will try them all, many thanks.

245sam, Sep 5, 9:25pm
cas41, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using lemon cake as the Keywords and Last year as the Date posted option - you'll find a number of earlier threads with various lemon cake recipes there for you to choose from.:-))

amanda_simonp, Sep 6, 12:58am
This cake is always a hit when I make it and have shared the recipe many times.
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
1 ¾ cups sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 cup canola oil, ½ tsp salt, 1 cup yoghurt
2-3 tblsp lemon juice, 2 cups of self raising flour
Chop together rind of two lemons and sugar.
Add eggs, oil, salt, and process until thick and smooth.
Add yoghurt and lemon juice
Add flour – mix just enough to combine
Bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes.

When cooked pour over the glaze:
¼ cup sugar and juice of one lemon – heated until dissolved.
Nice served with a dollop of whipped cream as a dessert as well.

cas41, Sep 6, 1:21am
Thanks for that, I think that was the one that I was after, as I knew it had syrup poured over it at the end.

annie.nz, Sep 6, 1:31am
I second the lemon yoghurt cake, it's great.

cats5, Sep 6, 2:29am
what size tin please

245sam, Sep 6, 2:38am
cats5, the recipe at #4 is the same as in one of Alison Holst's books - Alison advises
"Pour cake mixture into a non-stick sprayed and floured 23cm ring pan (which hold 7 cups of water).":-))

molly37, Sep 6, 6:58am
Lemon Sour Cream Cake - Delicious
200g Softened Butter
1.5 C Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Tbsp Grated Lemon Rind
1.5 C Flour
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 C Sour Cream
Pre heat oven to 160
Cream Butter and Sugar till light and fluffy.
Add Eggs one by one, beat well
Stir in Lemon Rind
Sift in Flour & BP
Fold into Butter mixture alternatively with the Sour Cream.
Not sure of size of tin, but makes decent size cake.
Bake for 45 mins
Pierce the top of cake with skewer once cooked and warm and pour over
1/4 Cup Sugar and Lemon Juice (about 5 Tbspn) Mixed together.

firemansgirl, Sep 6, 7:14am
Mine is similar but without the syrup over it.

Lemon Yoghurt Cake

Zest of 2 big lemons. Beat this with:
1 cup oil (I use rice bran but any cooking oil is fine)
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup yoghurt (plain)
3 tablespoons lemon juice

2 cups of flour & 2 tsp baking powder
Bake at 180°c for 40-60 mins or until cooked. I use a 23cm square, oiled tin (Lined with baking paper works fine)

ian195, Sep 10, 9:45am
I made Amanda's Lemon Yoghurt cake on Saturday to take with me for my night shift at work. It was an absolute hit! This is one cake I will definately make again soon.

bev00, Sep 13, 7:25am
LEMON CAKE
150 gram butter soft
150 caster sugar
2 cups self raising flour
vanilla and squeezed lemon . around 30ml
2 eggs
chuck the lot in to a bowl and beat with electric beater till fluffy
place in to a cake tim greesed or spray oiled ( no need to line)
bake 20 -25 min
ice with lemon icing

1 cup icing sugar
squeeze of lemon and zest
half cup creme cheese
mix well with fork
spread on cake

Quotearl5 (12 )7:50 am, Wed 14 Sep #1
I made lemon muffins last week and stuck a blob of curd in the middle and lemon icing on top, so nice and tangy.

Quotewildflower (3)4:22 pm, Wed 14 Sep #4

This is a quick and easy version of a syrupy, lemony cake.

LEMON MADEIRA CAKE
Cream 225g butter (yes, a lot!) with 3/4 cup sugar
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Add grated rind of one lemon & 1 Tblsp lemon juice
Add 1 heaped cup self-raising flour
Bake in medium-sized ring tin at 180* for 35 minutes
Remove from oven. While cake is still hot, pour over the juice of one lemon combined with 1/4 cup sugar.

Could be baked in a 20cm square tin.

Quoteelliehen (3848 )8:23 pm, Wed

marcs, Sep 14, 1:06pm
this one is yum too.

This is cookessentials' cake:

"Pam's Lemon Yoghurt Cake"
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
grated rind of two lemons
2 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain yoghurt (I use the yoplait Greek)
2-3tsp of lemon juice
2 cups s.r flour
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and rind in lge bowl, add the rest in order above. Butter and flour a bundt tin (a fancy fluted ring tin)
Bake at 180c for 30 mins.Serve cold dusted with icing sugar.

I like to add 2 - 3 tbs of lemon juice

bev00, Oct 18, 10:08am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
1 3/4 cups sugar (use caster)rind of 2 lemons;2 eggs;1 cup oil (I use sunflower)pinch salt;1 cup plain unsw yoghurt;2-3 tsp lemon juice;2 cups s.r flour. Beat eggs,oilsugar and peel. Add the rest of ingredients in order above. Grease a "bundt" tin (a lovely ring tin with a nice shape inside)and flour it -just throw a spoonful of flour into it and shake it all around so flour coats tin-shake of excess.Bake at 180c for 30 mins or test with skewer till it comes out clean.This cake stays moist for a good week and freezes extremely well.Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Caramel Mud Cake. 185 grams butter, 150 grams white choc melts, 1-cup brown sugar, 1/3-cup golden syrup, 1-cup milk, 1 & 1/2-cup plain flour, 1/2 cup SR flour, 2 eggs lightly beaten. Combine, butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup, & milk in a medium pan; stir over low heat until choc is melted & sugar dissolved. Pour into large bowl & cool for 15 mins. Whisk in flour & eggs. Pour into 22cm lined tin. Bake 160*C 1hour 10 mins covering with tin foil 1/2 way thru cooking. Stand in pan 30 mins b4 turning out. Ice when cold with Ganache. 250 grams white choc & 1/3 cup thickened cream. Stir over low heat until smooth. Leave Ganache to stand until spreadable consistency

Quotekiwigoldie (278 )10:41 pm, Fri 6 Nov #4
Yummy Lemon Cake
1 3/4 cup sugar
rind 2 lemons
2 large eggs
1 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yoghurt
2-3 tblsp lemon juice
2 cup self raising flour

grate lemon peel and mix with sugar. Add eggs and oil, whisk together. Add salt, yoghurt and lemon juice mix again. Sift in flour and mix gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
Pour into lined pan /ring pan. Cook on 190 degrees C (180 C fan), with the rack just below the middle.

Quotefee1965 (187 )6:47 pm, Sun 17 Oct #8
evening all. I have also made the Lemon cake on several occasions. But I have altered it slightly, by reducing the oil to 3/4 cup and increasing the yoghurt to 1 and 1/4 cup, it was just as moist and it didn't alter the taste.

Quoteskippie1 (176 )10:36 pm

bev00, Dec 29, 11:10am
Lemon Coconut Cake
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
115g butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
Combine coconut,lemon juice and milk in a bowl. Cream butter, sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy.Add beaten eggs gradually.Fold in sifted dry ingredients, alternately with the coconut milk mixture.
Pour into a prepared square cake tin and bake at 180°C for 40 - 50 minutes. Ice with lemon icing topped with toasted coconut.

dms01, Dec 29, 11:23am
I make the lemon yoghurt cake, I strongly recommend you use a very mild-tasting oil such as grapeseed or your cake will taste very oily

figjamto, Dec 29, 9:32pm
Lemon Yoghurt cake.(Donna Hay)easy and delicious

samanya, Dec 31, 4:47am
amanda_simonp, I made your cake to day & it was delicious, in fact too scrummy. I am having trouble not scoffing it all!

willman, Dec 31, 5:12am
Lemon Cake.

1 1/2 cup SR Flour,1/2 cup coconut,1 Tblspn lemon rind,125 butter ( melted ),1 cup castor sugar,1 cup milk.

Mix altogether,mixing with a wooden well with a wooden spoon 'till smooth,( electric hand beater would be easier ) 'till smooth.put into a lined baking tin and cook 40 mins @ 180 oC.Ice with lemon icing if wished,when cool.