Biscuit from the 70/80s

crunchie3, Aug 11, 6:26am
I thought they were called Venetian biscuits but when I googled it they had raisins in them so they must be called something else!.They were round white crispy slightly almonds base, with a hard white icing on top made by griffins or arnotts etc. I could eat the whole packet, anyone remember them!

carlos57, Aug 11, 6:33am
Yes! I used to love them too :) They were real 'melt in the mouth' biscuits, and I'm sure they were called Venetian something. I'm not sure what brand they were. Funny thing is, I was thinking about them just the other day - maybe because of choco-ades coming back.

jessie981, Aug 11, 6:36am
Loved Cadbury's Chocolate Oat Wafers. Wish they'd bring them back.

crunchie3, Aug 11, 6:37am
That's also what made me think about them,theres nothing that looks like them on google images.I would love for them to bring them back!

justme27, Aug 12, 4:45am
Mmmm, I remember these too. They were absolutely yummy but danged if I can remember the name :( I'm sure that they were Griffins biscuits!

ldbaqbeak, Aug 14, 9:49am
Oh my gosh I remember Venetian biscuits too.they were the best biscuits ever. They had such a unique flavour. As soon as I read your post I could actually taste them. They had a taste very similar to the eggs n cream Macintosh lollies.

ewenkyle, Aug 14, 10:03am
They might be viennese biscuits/swirls. Had to google to figure out spelling.

crunchie3, Aug 14, 10:18am
Yes they were Devine! If only they would bring them back!

carlosjackal, Aug 15, 9:50am
Does anyone recall the Orange Blossom biscuits! They were beautiful!

supercook, Aug 15, 10:12pm
I remember those biscuits so nice and crunchy and orange favour

valentino, Aug 15, 10:52pm
Yeah, and another biscuit is "Briggadoon", being trying to locate this also.

Hmmm, just trying to remember those "Venetian" biscuits, the one I have in mind were thin whitish colour with a thin very thin firm white icing cover and as most biscuit companies do in 200 or 250 gram packages all in very similar sizing regardless which biscuit one bought.

With the briggadoons, I think Farmbake or Irvines, maybe another had also these in bag type packaging.

Yep the search continues. but did come across this link, nice interesting selection of cookies, Hmmm.
http://pinterest.com/madsonjc/baking-cookie-love/

Cheers.

twindizzy, Aug 15, 10:56pm
Raspberry tartlets