Jax masterchef recipe for

cactus7, Aug 16, 6:15am
the jam tarts she has been doing on the countdown ad lately.I can't find it on the stupid countdown site.

angel361, Aug 16, 6:20am
U are right just looked and cant find it, thats not what it says on the add which gives you the web site which it is not on, they look yummy as well, i was gunna look them up!

cactus7, Aug 16, 6:21am
Yeh I have been trying to work out if she uses flakey pastry or sweet.To me it looks like sweet short pastry.

macwood2, Aug 16, 7:06am
Does anyone have her chocolate/orange self saucing pud from her book!Someone has borrowed my book.

seano7, Aug 18, 5:46am
Jax is no chef she is a cook. If she calls her self a chef i will put her in my cafe and then she will realize she is just a cook

samanya, Aug 18, 5:55am
Was that necessary!
A lot of us are not chefs, but appreciate experimenting with flavours etc.
I don't give a rats about whether a 'chef' or a 'cook' prepares my meal/snack in a café, as long as it's quality, flavoursome & value for money.

firemansgirl, Aug 18, 7:40am

kiwigal007, Aug 18, 7:44am
If you have facebook, just ask on there. They usually respond pretty quickly :) I had a similar thing with the chorizo and potato salad

mac934, Aug 18, 7:47am
I'd sooner have a meal made by a cook than a chef any day.

kiwigal007, Aug 18, 7:53am
I found it for ya :)

http://www.countdown.co.nz/26974/Countdown-Tip/homebrand-baking - just click on the 'view now' and the recipe will pop up

munrotti, Aug 19, 4:18am
Ingredients

1 sheet sweet short crust pastry, thawed if frozen
50g Homebrand Butter
50g Homebrand Caster Sugar
1 egg
½ cup Homebrand Flour, plus extra for dusting
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp vanilla essence
4 Tbsp Homebrand Jam
Method
Preheat oven to 180oC. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
Dust your bench with flour and roll out the pastry, cut into 12 circles and fit into the muffin tin.
Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and combine.
Sieve in the flour and baking powder then add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
Dollop a little jam into the bottom of each tart case, then top with a teaspoon of sponge mixture.
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.

flowers35, Aug 19, 4:27am
my grandmother used to make these many years ago,she put pastry crosses on the top of the sponge.they were called cheesecakes.

harrislucinda, Aug 19, 5:10am
yesflowers35agreethey arecalledcheesecakes
theyjustrenameoldrecipeslikepattycakesnowcupcakes

samanya, Aug 19, 6:38am
Agreed .stuff I remember my Nan making, reappears with a new name & it's suddenly the 'newest' foodie trend & soooo fashionable.reminds me of the saying 'there's nothing new under the sun' etc.

wildflower, Aug 19, 6:59am
Thanks for posting on here:)