What are you baking today? for the weekend etc

2young1, Aug 24, 2:00am
I have made cheese puffs/muffins and got a batch of eclairs in oven ready for dessert tonight.

may also make a fruit loaf next.

ibcreative, Aug 24, 2:04am
I made blueberry muffins this morning for visitors coming later. Any leftover will go in the freezer for lunches during the week.

harrislucinda, Aug 24, 2:05am
bakedyesterdayjamrollandacakemadewithmyhomemadecottagecheeseturnedoutyummm

sarahb5, Aug 24, 2:07am
Nothing - I don't bake for the weekend unless you count making bread.Any baking I do is for lunch boxes for school, etc.

r-mvz, Aug 24, 5:17am
I have made this week chocolate chippie biscuits, peanut brownies and double chocolate muffins. Plus I'll be making a lemon drizzle cake this weekend.

kinna54, Aug 24, 5:26am
Foccacia Bread. and the other day I made a lovely lemon uncooked slice.(which was so good I've eaten half of it already!)

carriebradshaw, Aug 24, 5:29am
I made a lemon coconut cake and Irish soda bread.Haven't made the cake before and it turned out lovely so am pleased.

darlingmole, Aug 24, 6:53am
Foccacia Bread. and the other day I made a lovely lemon uncooked slice.(which was so good I've eaten half of it already!)

Hey Kinna - will you share the recipe please!I love anything I don't have to "cook" and my lemon tree is laden with fruit!

kinna54, Aug 24, 11:12am
darlingmole this is made from the famous *biscuit cake *recipe that I posted the other day on the uncooked slice thread, it has so many different flavours you can use, but here is the way I made it the other day:

*The Biscuit cake* Lemon version*

Ingredients:
250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
125g butter
3 TBSPS condensed milk
1/4-1/2 cup coconut (to taste)
Finely grated zest of 1 medium sized lemon
1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Method:
Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the coconut. .
Melt together butter and condensed milk. Add the lemon juice.
Add this to the dry mixture gradually and blend together well.
* NB depending upon the texture and the fineness of the crumb mix the liquid content can vary slightly, so add gradually, and mix until the mix holds together to form a ball in your hand, but is not overly sticky or moist.
Press into a swiss roll tin and refrigerate.
When set ice with a lemon icing with zest added.

honey.b, Aug 24, 11:33am
Cupcakes!Vanilla with strawberry flavored butter cream. Cannot wait.Yum!

supercook, Aug 24, 7:18pm
Anzac biscuits and Afghans I think I have"A" theme going on so far!