Choc brownie presentation tips please

chchliz, Aug 22, 9:13pm
Making chocolate brownies for a 'do' tonight. Has anyone got any thoughts about how to make them look nice, any wee extras I can put beside or on top of the brownie. Was thinking a dollop of cream or yoghurt. Maybe some berry sauce too!

pr_chch2, Aug 22, 9:32pm
Cut them into a triangular shape .long and thing.as opposed to a square.looks better.Shame strawberries aren't in season otherwise could decorate that way.What about a bowl of cream in middle of plate and brownie triangles around it!

chchliz, Aug 22, 9:36pm
Mmm, great ideas, thanks!

sarahb5, Aug 22, 9:38pm
I just dust mine with a mixture of icing sugar and drinking chocolate but agree about the bite-size triangular pieces.I prefer creme fraiche or good thick greek yoghurt with my brownie or raspberry sauce/coulis like they do in the cafes.

huia991, Aug 22, 10:05pm
How about before you dust them with icing sugar place a stencil or something over the top so that you have a shape on the brownie as well - eg you can get some foam cutouts from places like the warehouse in various shapes - eg stars, flowers etc - or you can make your own.

You could also use some household items (washed of course) placed on top - eg toothpicks, cocktail forks, buttons etc

camper18, Aug 23, 5:47am
Or those lacy paper doily mats. Have used them on sponges for a pretty effect.

pp11, Aug 25, 12:39am
I served them once triangle shaped and dusted with icing sugar with some blueberries scattered around and some mint leaves placed decoratively. On a white platter. I thought they looked really good :)

kabbo, Sep 16, 2:11am
if i am doing mine for a dessert, i have in the past served it with chocolate sauce and cream. yummy.