Ricie slice!

2young1, Aug 23, 11:31pm
they should be banned. every time I make them I virtually eat the lot.

griffo4, Aug 24, 12:55am
+1 l know how you feel

cookiebarrel, Aug 24, 5:03am
Are these the sweet or savoury ones!You have me intrigued!

2young1, Aug 24, 5:04am
the sweet ones. sticky chewy crunchy all at once . bad for your fillings,. bad for your waist line and just bad!

cookiebarrel, Aug 24, 5:06am
Homemade or store bought!

2young1, Aug 24, 5:41am
homemade off course.
125 grams butter
half c sugar
3 T honey
4 cups rice bubbles.

boil first 3 for 3 minsadd to rice bubbles. put into oiled tray. spread out. and bobs your uncle. evil!
if it turns out right.its got just the right balance of chewy hard crunchiness and honey sweetness omg

molly37, Aug 24, 5:42am
Oh God Yes.so Good !

cookiebarrel, Aug 24, 5:55am
Oh, what we called honey ricebubble slice.Absolutely addictive.Have you tried the ricecrisp and marshmallow one.I keep meaning to try some but something always comes up to stop me.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.might try to get some of each made this weekend ssssshhhhhh.don't mention it to loudly or the I'll stop you demon might just hear and get to work with his evil ways!

griffo4, Aug 24, 8:07am
l always used cornflakes which is really nice as well and oh so addictive

nzhel, Aug 24, 8:16am
Nice with a few sultanas or chopped apricots in it too.

ange164, Aug 24, 8:42am
If I make it with cornflakes it's a bit more substantial. If I make it with muesli it's even more so.That helps slow down the consumption rate for me.

pom-pom, Aug 24, 9:05am
The best ricies slice is 1 pkt pascalls marshmallows, one pkt werthers toffees (not the eclair ones)_ and 1 large tablespoon butter. Melt this and mix together then add rice bubbles until you've added enough (I'm never great at measurements). My Mum always made this and it's the best thing since.well Mum's ricie slice.

jessie981, Aug 24, 10:11am
For a change use Golden Syrup instead of Honey.

chasing, Aug 25, 3:50am
I like the sound of this---a bit worried about the amount of butter is one tablespoon enough!

griffo4, Aug 25, 4:34am
l hate butterscotch toffees so l hope werthers have other flavours like caramel

griffo4, Aug 25, 4:41am
pom-pom how big a bag of marshmallows please!

pom-pom, Aug 26, 5:41am
OK - yes one large heaped tablespoon scoop of margarine or butter is fine (guess 90g ish) and use a small family bag of pascalls (so 220g ish!). You can use any caramel toffee but they have to be toffee! The only ones here are Macintosh or Werthers (not the hard candies) KMart sell them. If you use Macintosh use the pic and mix and avoid picking out the mint or coconut ones! Rest are fine I think. You'll neeed 200-250g of these. The quantties vary each time and it's fine!

griffo4, Aug 26, 6:43am
Thanks pom-pom l will have to have a go at making these sounds real nice then l will have to test it and give it away or else l will eat it all