Mango slicer

tam39, Jul 12, 11:09pm
I brought a mango slicer out of a home catalogue and both my hasband and daughter took the mickey out of me by saying how much I just wasted $15 etc etc etc. I have just used it and its a brillant wee thing. Lol its the best $15 I have spent. Last laugh is on me.

sarahb5, Jul 12, 11:46pm
Must be better than the avocado version that I bought - total waste of time unless you had an avocado that fitted it exactly which I never managed to find

elliehen, Jul 13, 1:02am
After eating fresh mangoes you also need an interdental brush.one of those things that look like a mini-mini bottlebrush, to get the fibres from between your teeth.You might get laughed at for buying those too, but you'll save dollars at the dentist ;)

tam39, Jul 13, 1:41am
No worries there elliehen, i have dentures and there all good with mangoes.

tigerlilly16, Jul 14, 4:59am
how does it work! I dont often eat mangoes myself but my teenage daughter loves them - but they seem so fiddly to cut up, i'm sure she gnaws every bit of the flesh she can off the pip etc but i'm intrigued how a 'mango slicer' would work!

elliehen, Jul 14, 10:10am
I'm wondering too.

For instant eating, I slice a mango by cutting slim wedges all around the stone and then slicing chunks up to the skin of each wedge but not through it.Then all you do is hold each end of the wedge, bend it back and delicately bite off each chunk :)

elliehen, Jul 14, 10:10am
I'm wondering too.

For instant eating, I slice a mango by cutting slim wedges all around the stone and then slicing chunks up to the skin of each wedge but not through it.Then all you do is hold each end of the wedge, bend it back and delicately bite off each chunk :)

Edit:I couldn't stop wondering, so I went to YouTube where everything is demonstrated and here it is.I do think she was in danger of lacerating herself during the procedure though ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=FryjzdQFClI

tam39, Jul 15, 12:26am
They are so good, i thought too that it looked like a very sharp piece. you just stand the mango up on its edge and push the slicer down to the bottom. no more trying to cut every bit of flesh off the pip, it gets it all off in 2 seconds. Great wee things.

tam39, Jul 15, 12:29am
I just watched that video and though my slicer is the same i cut mine up alot easier than she did. She made it look hard.