CHEESECAKE - NOT COOKED....HELP!!!

redandblack65, Apr 12, 4:01am
Hello, my son and I had this bit of cheesecake today over a coffee and WOW WEE... it was divine.

Is there a good EASY lol, recipe that one can hand on to us pleeeease?

Thank you in advance.

gildon, Apr 12, 5:07am
250 gm cream cheese
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tin sweetened condensed milk (not Lite)
rind of one lemon.

3/4 pkt. malt biscuits (crushed)
125 gm butter (melted)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar

Mixed crushed biscuits with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Line loose bottom tin. Place in fridge.
Blend cream cheese and other ingred. and add to biscuit base. Place all in fridge to set. Add a topping.

Lovely and not too rich.

buzzy110, Apr 12, 5:25am
It is very important for the above recipe that you try and locate and use Lisbon Lemons. The popular Meyer lemon won't set the cheese as well and after a day or so will 'weep' out.

So saying that, this is the recipe I cut my teeth on and loved it for a long time.

stasi21, Apr 12, 8:42am
I second this recipe. its so yum! !

as a luxurious variation I have chucked in a cup full of fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries) and the crumbled a flake chocolate over the top and it turns out divine! !
I didnt know the trick with the lemon and have had it not set a few times, so started dissolving some gelatine in a tiny bit of hot water and putting it in the mixture and setting it in the fridge for a few hours.

lonicera, Apr 14, 9:31am
This is a no bake, simply divine coffee cheese cake from The Flame Tree Cookbook by Sue Carruthers.
Base:2 cups crushed gingernuts or coconut biscuits, mixed with 80g melted butter and pressed into a removable based pan. Chill well.
Filling:
1/4 tsp gelatine soaked in 3 Tbsp hot water
1 cup boiling water plus 1 Tbsp coffee granules or powder combined
2 Tbsp coffee liqueur
3/4 cup dark cane or brown sugar
Combine all the above in a pot and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
240g firm cream cheese, softened
1 cup cream
Beat the cream cheese, then combine with cooled coffee mixture until smooth, then cool mixture completely. Whip the cream and fold into mixture then turn out on to chilled base. chill a further 4 hours at least until properly set.
Topping:
3/4 cup chilled cream, whipped and add the following cooled mixture to it -
2 tsp coffee granules or powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp boiling water
1 Tbsp coffee liqueur
2 Tbsp icing sugar.
This to be spread or piped over the cheese cake which can be decorated with toasted thread coconut, chocolate covered coffee beans or a crushed flake bar.
Enjoy!

buzzy110, Apr 16, 5:59am
This is a recipe for TRADE ME RECIPES

I haven't made this cheesecake for years but why should it moulder away, unloved in my recipe folder when someone else can make it and enjoy it as much as those people I have fed it to:

WHITE AND CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
185g (1½cups) crushed, plain Chocolate Biscuits
90g Butter - melted
500g Cream Cheese - softened
400g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
200g (1 & 1/3cups) White Chocolate Melts - melted
300mls Cream
1 Tblspn Gelatine & ¼cup boiling Water
100g (2/3 cup) Dark Chocolate Melts

METHOD
1. Combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into base of 23cm springform pan. refrigerate until firm.
2. Put gelatine into a cup with a little bit of water to soften
3. Beat Cream Cheese and Sweetened Condensed Milk until smooth. Beat in melted White Chocolate. Then beat in Cream.
4. Combine softened gelatine and boiling Water and still until dissolved. Beat this into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Spoon over the crumb crust
6. Swirl the melted Dark Chocolate through the cheesecake mixture
7. Refrigerate till firm.

cap, Feb 5, 5:05pm
This is the lemon one I make and I chill the evaporated milk overnight.

Lemon Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
Base
1 pkt malt biscuits crushed
125g butter melted

Topping
1 tin of evaporated milk chilled
2/3 cup hot water
1 tsp Vanilla essence
Lemon juice
250g cream cheese
1 cup castor sugar
1 packet lemon jelly

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix biscuits and butter together and press into an oven proof shallow dish. Bake at 150c for 10 minutes, but no longer as it burns easily. Dissolve jelly in water and make up to 1 cup with lemon juice. Beat cheese, sugar and essence well. Beat evap milk (in beater) until very thick. Add cheese mixture to milk and beat. Add jelly slowly to avoid lumps and mix well. Pour into cooked base and refrigerate overnight. Freezes well.