How do people with budget's stick to them

Page 3 / 3
lynv, Jun 24, 10:37pm
elliehen, that women is probably Penny from the simplesavings.co.nz website. They put a book out last year about $21 grocery challenge. The important thing is that this ISN'T feeding your family on $21 every week, but the challenge is to go through your pantry and use up the little bits and pieces to make meals stretch for the week and spend no more than $21 (or another amount you decide) on groceries for that week. This saves you the difference from what you would normally spend on weeks grocery's compared to the $21

lynv, Jun 24, 10:43pm
My two most important things I use for budgeting are menu planning and fortnightly shopping and secondly I use a money program called "AceMoney Lite. This is a FREE program to download at:

http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/free-personal-finance-software-quicken-alternative.shtml

You can set up two bank accounts with it. I have an everyday account and a savings account.It will work with your online banking, you can download and import transactions into it. The part that is valuable for me is that each transaction can be put into a categroy e.g. groceries and you can go to reports and select a time frame e.g. month and see just how much money you have spent on groceries.This program also lets you do a budget and you can see what your budget is for the month and how much you have spent so far.Very easy program to use!

lynv, Jun 24, 10:43pm
My two most important things I use for budgeting are menu planning and fortnightly shopping and secondly I use a money program called "AceMoney Lite. This is a FREE program to download at:

http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/free-personal-finance-software-quicken-alternative.shtml

You can set up two bank accounts with it. I have an everyday account and a savings account.It will work with your online banking, you can download and import transactions into it. The part that is valuable for me is that each transaction can be put into a categroy e.g. groceries and you can go to reports and select a time frame e.g. month and see just how much money you have spent on groceries.This program also lets you do a budget and you can see what your budget is for the month and how much you have spent so far.Very easy program to use!

horizons_, Jun 25, 2:38am
Discipline. Ie; if you know you have bills coming up, then why are you buying concert tickets! Budgets only work if you stick to them lol.

lythande1, Jun 25, 3:18am
Then you haven't got a budget.
My budget includes the car expenses, petrol WOF, everything. Oil changes.

Firewood! You know when winter comes, the idea is to expect it and keep money for when you order your wood, which should be in summer when it's cheaper.
It's not hard, just a matter of being organised.