Tonys oaty slice-fuse cafe

jimmy2102, Apr 3, 12:59am
has anyone found this recipe yet!

mackenzie2, Apr 3, 1:10am
Bit more inf0, would be good. what is so special about it!

jimmy2102, Apr 3, 3:04am
It has oats sunflower and pumpkin seeds and dried apricots with a caramel layer in the middle, its got to have condensed milk in it. Its chewy and gooey crunchy and crumbly sweet and buttery.

spotswood, Apr 3, 4:36am
Have you tried a recipe from Zarbos that sounds similar to that.Sorry I don't have the recipe though!

helsey, Apr 3, 4:40am
I know this is not the same as you are looking for,but perhaps you could adapt it to what sounds like a more healthy version!
Caramel Rice Bubble Crackles.4 cups rice bubbles,3 Tb cocoa,1cup icing sugar,1/2 pottle kremalta( or enough to mix)melted.
Mix all together & put 1tsp into paper cases.Keep other half of mix warm.
Caramel.2T butter,2T golden syrup,1/2 tin condensed milk,1/2 cup brown sugar.
Heat till mixed together & warm.Drop 1tsp caramel onto each patty & put rest of rice bubble mix on top.(Keep in the frig).
Maybe oats & seeds instead of rice bubbles could work!

nadineb, Apr 3, 7:15am
Chocolate and Fruit Slice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup self raising flour
2 thsp cocoa
150 grams buter melted
1 cup prunes or raisins
1 cup nestle choc bits
1 cup finely chopped apricots
1 cup peanuts optional
3/4 tin sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Place flours,coconut and cocoa in a bowl and stir to combine.Pour in melted butter and mix well.Press mixture into a slice tin I line with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes then cool for 15 mins
Once cool the scatter over prunes or raisins and apricots nuts and choc
bits drizzle with cond milk and cook for 20 mins until golden

nadineb, Apr 3, 7:17am
have posted a recipe for you and you could add other stuff on top

nadineb, Apr 3, 8:10am
is this it
Caramel Cake
Base
8 ounces butter
1 1/2 cup coconut
2 1/2 cup flour (1/2 wholemeal 1/2 plain)
melt together and pres into a roasting dish
Centre
4 ounce buter
2 tablespoon golden syrup
2 tins condenesed milk
Melt butter and syrup then add condensed milk stir until it is thick pour over base
Topping
6 ounce butter
2 tablespoon golden syrup melt together
then add 3 cups rolled oats and 1 cup coconut
Press down into centre cook 10-15 mins
I presume cook 180 degrees

nadineb, Apr 3, 8:32am
Chocolate Oat Bars

Base
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
250 grams melted butter
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
3 cups rolled oats

Combine sugar,butter,eggs and vanlila.Add sifted flour,oats and divide mix into 3 equals parts.

then put 1/3 in each base keeping 1/3

Use 2 x 19x 39 lemington tins

Filling
300 grams chocolate
400 grams condensed milk
30 grams butter
1 cup chopped walnuts optional
2 tsp vanilla
Combine chocolate, cond milk and butter in a saucepan.Stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted
Add nuts and essence

Spread filling anddrop spoonfuls of remaing baseover filling

Bake 35 minutes 180 degreee

beausun, Apr 3, 9:15am
Here is another one which is similar but not exactly what you want. Caramel Oat Slice recipe from Pukeko Junction Cafe in Amberley,
200g butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
FILLING
125g butter
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
TOPPING
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup brown sugar
100g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Beat together first measure of butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, flour and baking powder and mix well.
2. Press the mixture into a baking paper lined 24cm x 30cm slice pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
3. To make caramel filling, place second measure of butter, golden syrup and condensed milk into a saucepan and cook, stirring, until thick and golden brown.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the topping ingredients.
5. Spread caramel over cooked base and sprinkle crumble on top. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Tip! Chill this slice for a few hours before you cut it into squares.

jimmy2102, Apr 3, 11:51pm
Thanks everyone recipes look devine,dont think they are exactly right but look forward to trying some new recipes, the choc and fruit slice from nadineb looks especially good, i love choc and prunes together.

nadineb, Apr 4, 9:03am
I just use raisins instead of the prunes but I think it would be nice as well with the prunesand its a yummy slice

bev00, May 9, 11:21am
CARAMEL OAT SLICE.
Filling: 50g butter, 1 tbsp golden syrup, 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk. Heat until the butter has melted & the ingredients are well mixed. Cool. Base: 175g butter. 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1&1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats. Mix well, then press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 30cm x 20cm tin. Spread the filling over the base & sprinkle the remaining base mixture over the filling. Bake at 180ºC for 30-35 minutes. Cut when cool.

Oaty slice with caramel filling

1 1/2cups. Rolled oats,1 cup flour, ½ cup wholemeal flour, 1 tsp each: baking soda, baking powder, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup desiccated coconut, 1 egg, 1 tsp each: instant coffee powder, vanilla essence, 175g melted butter. Caramel Filling: 50g butter, 395g can condensed milk, 2 tblsp golden syrup, 1 tsp vanilla essence. Preheat oven to 180c. To prepare Oaty slice, lightly grease a swiss roll tray or similar and line with baking paper. Combine ingredients, press 2/3 of mixture into the tray to make the base and put remaining 1/3 aside for topping. Caramel filling: combine ingred in saucepan and bring to boil gently. Spread evenly over base. Sprinkle remaining oaty mixture over top of slice in a crumble type effect. Cook 30-40 mins. Slice when cool

skippie1, May 9, 11:38am
Recipe was in the paper late 2010 or early 2011, I have got it somewhere but give me time to find it otherwise I have to contact a work colleague for a copy.What I do know is that Fuse Hastings were NOT very happy that it had been published as it's their best selling slice.

jimmy2102, May 9, 7:41pm
Great thanks skippie, yeah i did hear they were cross, would love the recipe though when you find it. Its a beaut slice.

unknowndisorder, Aug 26, 8:14am
Bumping for caramel slice recipes

toadfish, Aug 26, 8:43am

tumbys02, Aug 30, 6:12am
Any luck with this recipe yet!

gerry64, Aug 30, 7:00am
what a yummy thread

turtlet, Aug 30, 7:33am
Yes, I'm watching this one too with eager anticipation.