Biscuit recipe needed

tasarla, May 13, 12:39am
Does anyone have a nice recipe for biscuits - one where you roll out the dough and cut into shapes with cutters.I've got a children's party to cook for shortly but can't find a good recipe to use.

unknowndisorder, May 13, 12:49am
Tarsala, just bumped one for you - do a search for biscuits or cutters & you'll probably find lots more :)

cgvl, May 13, 12:57am
A shortbread recipe would work well or the Edmonds belgium biscuit one, You can leave out or add spices, fruit, choc chips, etc as desired.
A tip if wanting to put sprinkles on top is to make a sugar/water syrup up and glaze top of biscuits after removed from oven and then shake sprinkles over while glaze is still warm and sticky.

kinna54, May 13, 1:25am
Edmonds belgian bics are yuck (out of the new book).I have never had a success with them.
The shrewsbury bicsare a much better option and are awesome with cutters. You can even make themin the kitchen whizz and are not too sweet or full of colouring.
Here you go:

Shrewsbury Biscuits*(adapted for making in the kitchen whizz)*

125g butter softened (or margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 TBSP grated lemon rind
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
Raspberry jam (to fill if desired)

Place butter and sugar in the whizz and cream together.
Add egg and lemon rind and whizz again to combine.
Add sifted flour and baking powder, using the machine on pulsewhile the mixture is combining.
Turn onto a floured board, kneadlightly and roll out to about 4mm thickness
Note: roll out part of the mix at a time, as it’s much easier to handle., and over handling can toughen the mixture.
Cut out desired shapes withcookie cutters.

Bake on greased oven trays at 180 deg. for 10-15mins.
When cold biscuits can either be sandwiched together with raspberry jam, with the top biscuit dusted with sifted icing sugar, or biscuits can be left single and dusted with sifted icing sugar.

cgvl, May 13, 4:00am
hi kinna I don't have a new edmonds book mine is still the old imperial measurement one, all I will use as when they went metric they stuffed up a lot of the really good recipes ie too much dry not enough wet or vice versa usually not enough butter/marg to give a good consistency.
I have a basic recipe in my head and use that adding other ingredients depending on what I want.
but thanks its years since I made those biscuits.

craig04, May 13, 6:49am
Gingerbread is always my favourite 'roll em out' dough

bridget107, May 13, 7:58am
If you like chocolate chip biscuits, this one is AWESOME! I make them all the time. http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/chocolate-chip-cookies/