Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook

Page 2 / 2
245sam, May 23, 2:28am
tats63, I have "used Fishpond" to purchase various books and I totally recommend them.Their service is very prompt and reliable and the books arrive so well-packed that they're in excellent condtion - so good in fact that it is hard to believe that they haven't just come out of the box from the printer.:-))

rrrg, May 23, 2:48am
Fishpond are fine - sometimes you have to wait if out of order

carriebradshaw, May 23, 4:54am
I had terrible trouble with fishpond.wouldnt use them again.
I love bookdepository and use them all the time now.Am currently waiting for the Hummingbird bakery -cupcakes and muffins to arrive.

tats63, May 23, 5:38am
But isn't bookdepository a UK website!Do you have to pay postage!Free postage with Fishpond I believe.

macwood2, May 23, 5:38am
I made the raspberry cheesecake brownie.It was fabulous.Would highly recommend it.Best the day it was made - warmish - not so exciting the following day.Just the right blend of flavours.Yum yum.

davidt4, May 23, 5:48am
Book Depository is a UK site and gives free postage.I use them all the time and books usually arrive in about five days, sometimes sooner.

lurtz, May 23, 6:00am
Agree. Well worth buying from.I do still buy locally from time to time when books areunavailable through the Book Depository, but the service, price, and free postage from the B.D. is brilliant.

tats63, May 23, 8:47am
Great thanks.Amazon used to do free postage I believe.

Time to treat myself and shake off these winter blues.

puresteam, May 23, 9:57pm
I ordered mine on the 5th May and wasn't given an order number but they have record of it.

trishch, May 23, 10:40pm
I also ordered this book and my order states it was dispatched 10th May. So far has not arrived.
I wonder if there is a delay in the UK postal service

48bubbles, May 24, 7:54am
Yum I have made the red velvet cupcakes they are good and the kids loved them!

kiwitel, May 24, 7:29pm
My book arrived- wish I did not have to go to work! Looks delicious!

carriebradshaw, May 24, 9:06pm
Happy baking kiwitel!I hope you enjoy the book as much as everybody here seems too.

trishch, May 25, 1:34am
My book has just been delivered. Looks great and will try a couple of the recipes tomorrow.

elliehen, May 25, 1:38am
chicco2, this post of yours is from a while back, but if you see this would you please consider posting the Raisin Oat Cookies!Otherwise I'll have to track you down ;)

carriebradshaw, May 25, 2:14am
ellihen-here you go
Raisin and Oat Cookies.
270g unsalted butter
160g caster sugar
160g soft dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
380g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
110g rolled oats
220g raisins
Preheat oven to 170c.Put the butterin a mixer bowl and beat until light & fluffy.Add the eggs,one at a time,mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each egg.Turn the mixer down to low speed and beat in the vanilla extract.
Sift together the flour,salt,bicarb soda and cinnamon a seperate bowl,add the oats and mix well.Add the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.Stir in the raisins with a wooden spoon until evevnly dispersed.
Arrange equal amounts of the dough on prepare baking trays.Making sure that the cookies are spaced apart to allow for spreading.Bake for about 12 mins or until golden brown and firm.Check them reguarly to make sure they are not burning.Leave to cool slightly on the trays before putting on wire rack to cool.

elliehen, May 25, 10:08am
carriebradshaw, many thanks!

meegs35, May 25, 10:20pm
I had this book but ended up selling it as the recipes I tried were a dismal failure. I'm a pretty good baker so was really disappointed BUT it looks like I might have been too hasty.

carriebradshaw, May 25, 11:01pm
Surprised to hear that meegs as I've never had any problem with the recipes and I'm more of a cook than a baker.

puresteam, May 26, 2:06am
My book arrived today also, first on list is the hummingbird cake