To those who recommended the Windmill Bakery

purplegoanna, Oct 24, 11:07pm
THANKYOU so much, the cake was a hit with everyone, i still cant believe how yummy & big and nicely decorated it was for $50.....got to be one of the best kept secrets in sth auckland.....

ambr, Oct 25, 1:55am
x1
Sounds awesome... and for those that didnt see the original post... where is the Windmill bakery?

purplegoanna, Oct 25, 2:53am
in a dodgy area of mangere! lol.... it was roughly 8cm high by 50 x 50cm and covered in chocolate icing and beautiful fresh whipt cream all piped around the edges...im 100% sure its the same famous choccy cake recipe that we all use on here (the oil one). they do dble the size for $75....its perfect for 21st's or 18th's etc....i cant wait to find a excuse to buy another!......i shopped around and this one was half the price of many of the shops i rang.

ambr, Oct 25, 3:21am
Thanks HEAPS for that..I need to do a cake for a large gathering in Auckland, and it will save me making and carting it up the island.. yipppeeee my problem is solved!!

purplegoanna, Oct 25, 5:04am
you wont be disappointed, they make them fresh everyday (except closed mondays), i rang 2 days before to order one then the day before lol then the morning before i picked it up (i was stressed theyd sell it to someone else! lol) it even comes in a big proper catering cardboard box, i should have a pic on my camera somewhere....

ambr, Oct 25, 8:39pm
A pic would be awesome !

ambr, Oct 26, 1:54am
Thanks heaps purplegoanna... im definitely going to get mine there :-)

crystalmoon, Oct 29, 12:38am
Yip best Cakes ever and very affordable,we always use them for large gathering,cant wait till our next one.Glad you liked it purplegoana.

ellys, Dec 9, 3:01am
I just had a small piece of their choc cake and my goodness... the cake was soft and melts in your mouth straight away. Felt like I was in heaven!!!

I wish they have a website.

Do they only sell choc cake?

guest, May 10, 11:56pm
bestest cake i've eaten in my life! My family has bought cakes from there since we were little! so amazing!

guest, Jun 4, 4:10am
x3
" in a dodgy area of mangere" = stereotypical comment from someone who has not seen enough of the world to know what the meaning of dodgy is .. just eat the cake & move on LOL