Does anyone have a good Sweetbread Fritter recipe?

veeneedit, Apr 17, 8:11am
I thought I was buying 5kgs of sweetbreads and have ended up with 32kgs! I need some recipies please

nik12, Apr 17, 8:47am
32kg omg lol.They must be freezable! My Dad used to just do them whole in a standard batter and deep fry.We'd them dip them in salt (surely sprinkling would have been enough he he) and have them with bread and butter. Gosh that brings back memories!

veeneedit, Apr 17, 8:50am
Thanks for that, Yes thanks goodness they are all in 500gm bags and are in the freezer.

fifie, Apr 17, 8:58am
OMG lol, 32 kg, they freeze well, rinse under cold water put in saucepan and cover with cold water simmer 15 mins. Cool, then flour,dip in egg, and breadcrumbs fry in butter to colour crumbs and crisp up.
Sweetbreads in a sauce.Clean under cold water, Simmer sweetbreads 15 mins drain and cool.
Fry off a onion, and garlic, in little butter, make a white sauce add cooked sweetbreads, onion garlic, salt/pepper, some chopped parsley, heat through till nice and hot serve over mashed potatoes or on toast.

dreamers, Apr 17, 9:51am
Wow ,32 kgs ,can I ask how much you paid for that much! Please.

veeneedit, Apr 17, 6:34pm
yum, thanks fifie. We are going to a house warming at end of month and with so many said we would try making some fritter to take. Am having a bit of trouble finding a recipe tho lol, may just have to take crumbed, battered & deep fried ones
We are very fortunate that I work for a company you can sometimes get staff sales from. First time I have seen them offer us sweetbreads in the 10 years I have worked for them. They were only $1 kilo.

dreamers, Apr 17, 8:01pm
Lucky, lucky you.I remember many years ago going to the freezing works in Fielding and they had them in buckets and you got as much as you like,cheaply.We buy them when we go to Taupo as they are about $4 a packet cheaper there than buying them in Auckland.

fifie, Apr 17, 8:31pm
Lucky you, i pay around $15 kg when we can get them.Enjoy ! Re read your post,its a fritter recipe your after, maybecorn, potatoe, and S/bread fritters with fresh herbs,found this which sounds nice to, might help.
Sweetbread and mushroom balls.
500 grm sweet breads 1 small onion 50 grm mushrooms
50 grm butter 3tlbsp flour 1/2 cup milk season bread crumbs
cook sweet breads chop fine, peel and chop onion
wash and chop mushrooms
heat butter and fry onion until tender not brown
sprinlke in flour slowly add milk stirring all the time add sweetbreads and mushrooms cook about 3min cool
roll into balls then into a beaten egg then into breadcrumbs fry until golden.
Posted by harrislucinda.

veeneedit, Apr 18, 5:49am
Thanks for all your ideas & recipes, much appreciated. I am eating crumbed ones for tea right now!