Freezing corn

datoofairy, Feb 12, 8:32am
I'm thinking with corn on the cob being so cheap at the moment that I might buy a whole heap and freeze it.
Do I just peel off the leave, cut into the size I want them freeze! Or do I have to blanch it first! If so how long do I leave it in the hot water! Anything I need to know!

harrislucinda, Feb 12, 9:09am
nojust putinleavesandallthenwhen you wantacobtakeoutmicro wave 8 to10min , then youandhavelovelyfreshcorn

jenny188, Feb 12, 9:16am
Strip , cut or break (snap) to size. Blanch- couple of minutes, freeze individually (on tray or similar) and once frozen bag up in snaplock bags. You now have free flow corn. Take out the quantity required and reheat.

brish, Feb 12, 9:19am
Take your pick OP, and I was keen to know the answer too.Being me, I would go for freezing as is.

datoofairy, Feb 12, 9:22am
Thanks all. I'd rather strip and cut as a whole one is too much for both Miss 11 and I.
But I'll definitley do the free flow freezing.

fisher, Feb 12, 11:50am
yup.jenny188.but after blanching, drop into chilled water.dry off and into labelled bags to freeze,vacuumed.Id rather do all the work now and have it all clean and ready when needed .than trying to deal with stinkin hot corn.

nauru, Feb 13, 4:31am
Yes, freeze as is